It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

TeresaAnn21 HB User
New to the board and New At Pregnacy

I am 32 weeks pregnant this is my very frist!! I am 21 years old and I have diabities NOT gestational Diabities but type 2 Diabities.

I am under alot of stress trying to get right and keep my blood sugar levels under control which so far has been great but I have some times when my sugar is up but I always get them down with in an hour.

My stomick is huge I feel Huge and for awhile now I have been very sick to my stomick and dizzy alot today I dunno why. I think my stomick is just so small for such a large baby and she is giving me now room in there for food.

Anyone eles struggling with diabities and pregnant? What is a normal blood sugar level?

Old 01-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: New to the board and New At Pregnacy

I have gestational Diabetes, I have had it will all my babies, for 1 of my kids I was on Insullin 4 times a day so far with this baby I have been able to control it with diet...however Im just about 35 weeks and my sugars have been high this last week..I want to blame it on the holidays and my lack of consistency this week so I will have a better idea this week. The think I may have been borderline type 2 prior to this pregnancy, but I am about 80lbs overweight so I woudnt be surprised, I havent gained anyweight yet so Im thingk I may have lost some, the diet is great and I will be continuing after baby comes, I know the circumstances may be different cause your diabetes is different, either way good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

a normal blood sugar is typically between 70 and 120. This varies depending on who you ask, but generally is somewhere around these numbers.

The docs typically do not get concerned unless it stays over 150.

Amy

Old 01-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

hi, sorry i can't help you with the diabetes, but i wanted to welcome you to the boards.
i am 22wks and already feel huge. this is my 3rd and i feel with each one i get bigger and bigger. i can't even imagine how i am going to be at full term.
i am only 5 foot and these babies take over my body, lol!
take care and hope to see you around,
robin

Old 01-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

Hi, I am 25 and this is my first pregnancy I have been a diabetic for 8 years so I know what your going threw it seems like I live in the doctors office thats all I ever do and I am constantly sick and just feel like crap my sickness usually starts around 6 pm and last all night.. Did you have to go threw all the testing with the baby to make sure he or she is normal? I actually get jealous when I see all these other pregnant women shopping in stores and there buying whatever they want to eat and I have to watch everything and check my blood sugars 4 times a day.. Theres so many more worries I dont know if I will have anymore after this one..

Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #6
(female)

TeresaAnn21 HB User

Oh man I know what your saying I have had so many cravings I cant fulfill because of my diabities. I somtimes break down and cry! Its really hard so when I get the urge I usally think of my baby and her health I havent had to go though any testing I just have to keep high alert on my sugars and check them 3 times a week 4 times a day fasting and an hour after each meal. Its hard because my fingers are SOOOOOOOOOO sore. I just went to the docter today and I am 33 weeks and 2 days and he said my baby already weights between 5 to 6lbs and he guessed at birth she would be about 8 to 9lbs my jaw dropped when he said this. He said it was not from my sugar because they have been good she is just a big girl..HEHE

Old 01-10-2006, 05:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I am not diabetic but have family members that are so I know basically where you are coming from. I was instructed by my dr befoe becoming pregnant to eat as a diabetic would to some degree to help avoid getting diabetes, I have been trying to do this during pregnancy, lots of protein, veggies nuts and moderate carbs. I wish you good luck keep up the healthy eating.

Closed Thread