It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Prenatals- Who's Taking them?

I am supposed to take them every day, but I have a hard time remembering them! I feel so guilty when I forget to take them!

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone else NOT taking them at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
(female)

mama_moo HB User
Re: Prenatals- Who's Taking them?

I have really never had a problem taking them and when I do I have always felt bad. Im actually taking 2 a day because im breastfeeding right now still.
Im pregnant!!! EDD: 8-04-06
-Tiffany

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

skeeter in the uk you only take your folic acid until you are 12 weeks i stopped mine at 15 weeks , but i know in the u.s you take them right through. i guess if my bloods show a problem like aneamia then i would take supplements but otherwise i have no vitamins to take they just aren't recommended here.

Last edited by weepyone; 01-02-2006 at 03:36 PM.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

What is funny to me is that I have been taking various vitamins including folic acid way before pregnancy and I would say I was taking about 8 pills a day and I ALWAYS remembered them. Now, I am suppose to take my pre-natal and I also take an additional B-6 and I constantly forget. I feel bad because there is no reason why I should be forgetting. I try to make it a habit by taking them at a certain time like when I get up in the morning but lately I am so anxious to eat my cereal that I put off taking the vitamins that I don't end up taking them.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCouture
lately I am so anxious to eat my cereal that I put off taking the vitamins that I don't end up taking them.
HA that's so funny, I'm the same way I hate waiting an hour before I can take my prenatals that I usually forget, or take them really late in the day. And for some reason, I think they add to my heartburn so it's not too fun taking them. Then I have to wait to take Tums because I have to take extra iron.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
(female)

feb06baby HB User

I always forget to take mine. For years I took a BC pill every day and now I can't seem to remember the vitamin. Soon2bmommy- my vitamin also adds to my heartburn if I don't drink enough water with it. I use to just take a sip of water just to get it down, but now I have to have several sips. It might help you.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feb06baby
I always forget to take mine. For years I took a BC pill every day and now I can't seem to remember the vitamin. Soon2bmommy- my vitamin also adds to my heartburn if I don't drink enough water with it. I use to just take a sip of water just to get it down, but now I have to have several sips. It might help you.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try that out.. ANYTHING to get rid of this heartburn!

Old 01-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

I tried taking all the prenatals---store bought, prescription samples given to me by the doctor, even the chewable ones by prescription, but for some reason, my body didn't like them! Finally, my doctor told me I could take 2 Flintstones vitamins (with no iron---cause constipation) and I take a supplemental panel of B vitamins with folic acid---sublingual form. With this, I can hold my vitamins down and my food.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:22 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

I always take mine at night with a piece of toast. It's easier to remember. I only get heartburn if I don't have food in my stomach. Usually there's still food in my stomach from dinner too, maybe that's why I've never had any trouble.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #10
(female)

Laetitia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvh802
I take mine every night right before bed with a glass of water. It doesn't help the getting up to pee factor but that's when I take all of my other meds. so it's easiest to remember that way. I haven't missed one day yet, believe it or not!

Cheers.
I do the same thing, although I know I've missed a few days.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #11
(female)

TeresaAnn21 HB User

I take mine and have never missed a day I have been taking from ever since I was 5 weeks pregnant when I found out!! As you can tell its my frist!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I am a flintstones user too! LOL! My friends laugh but the others made my constipation REALLY bad!! so early on I switched and have had no problems with anemia etc. Flintstones Rock - !

Old 01-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I am taking them, but I take them with dinner, it actually helps at times for me to remember. LoL. My reminder actually isn't here to be on my butt everyday to take them but I"ve gotten pretty good. Sometimes I have forgotten to take them and I just wait till the next day to take them. It's a mistake and it happens. They cant expect us to remember EVERYTHING being pregnant. LoL.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #14
(female)

gsxrgirl HB User

I hate my prenatal vitamins!!!!! They smell and are so big that they get stuck in my throat. I hate taking them so much but my baby is worth taking a pain in the butt pill evey day!

Old 01-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

This might sound kind of silly, but it works...
I used to choke on my 'horse pill' prenatal vitamin every night and dreaded taking it until I figured out that it was the taste of the outer coating that would make me gag and because of the gagging, I'd end up choking on it. I found out later if I take it with something that masks the taste (juice or something) instead of water, I have no trouble at all swallowing it.

Closed Thread