It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Debating over a new pregnancy......

Hi. I posted earlier, but for the life of me cannot find it now. I am a 38-year old woman that has been married almost 10 years and I have a 7-year old son. I'm debating whether to have another baby or not. I couldn't have one for years after my son for either weight issues, health, financial, etc. But now, at this time in my life, I am finally in every shape ready to give him a brother or sister. I just feel like I may be too old now and was wondering if anyone out there has waited years in between children and what it was like going all through that again AND if anyone had a baby at my age or older and how it is going??

Thank you for listening!

Melly

Old 01-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: Debating over a new pregnancy......

I just posted on the other thread. If you still can't find it let me know and I'll copy and paste it here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
(female)

afmom3 HB User

I am 37 and just had my 3rd child 6 months ago. There was a 6 1/2 year age difference between the 2nd and 3rd. We put off having another one for the same reasons. I would highly reccomend it. You are not too old! This pregnancy was my best one. I was not stressed out, the kids were so excited. The whole experience has been so much better than when I was younger. I appreciate everything so much more!

Old 01-03-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afmom3
I am 37 and just had my 3rd child 6 months ago. There was a 6 1/2 year age difference between the 2nd and 3rd. We put off having another one for the same reasons. I would highly reccomend it. You are not too old! This pregnancy was my best one. I was not stressed out, the kids were so excited. The whole experience has been so much better than when I was younger. I appreciate everything so much more!
Thank you so much for sharing. This is the hardest decision, truly. I want it, but I'm so scared of going through all the "baby stuff" again and sometimes wonder if I can handle it. I guess that's all normal. Hell, I did it once right! LOL. Thanks again!!

Melly

Old 01-03-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afmom3
I forgot to ask. Did you have an amnio? I'm kind of fearful of that.

Thanks again,

Melly

Old 01-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #6
(female)

pearoye68 HB User

I posted on the other thread but just read this one... I am the 37 yr old pregnant with her first child that is due mid April of 2006. I didn't have the amnio or the extra blood tests. I figured that I am going to love whatever the Lord blessed me with, so what was the use knowing ahead of time if something was wrong or not. I think that would just make for a stressful pregnancy which isn't good for the baby anyway.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearoye68
I posted on the other thread but just read this one... I am the 37 yr old pregnant with her first child that is due mid April of 2006. I didn't have the amnio or the extra blood tests. I figured that I am going to love whatever the Lord blessed me with, so what was the use knowing ahead of time if something was wrong or not. I think that would just make for a stressful pregnancy which isn't good for the baby anyway.
Thank you so much for sharing. I don't think I will get an amnio either for the very same reason. It's nice to plan ahead if you know there will be a problem; that is the only good thing they are good for. But you are so right. If you're not having a choice of abortion,then why bother?? God bless you and your unborn baby.

Melly

Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
(female)

Donte HB User

Hi - I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I am 37 and having my fourth baby in July. The shocking part is that my other three kids are ages 18, 17, and 14. So, I've really waited a while to have another one and I am very, very scared too. I struggled with the thought of "do I really want this or not". Bottom line is, we are not TOO old, we have the experience, and chances are that we will have more patience this time around. I was a teenage mother and now I am an "advanced maternal age" mother...hahaha. I guess I get to experience both ends of the spectrum.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte
Hi - I just wanted to chime in and let you know that I am 37 and having my fourth baby in July. The shocking part is that my other three kids are ages 18, 17, and 14. So, I've really waited a while to have another one and I am very, very scared too. I struggled with the thought of "do I really want this or not". Bottom line is, we are not TOO old, we have the experience, and chances are that we will have more patience this time around. I was a teenage mother and now I am an "advanced maternal age" mother...hahaha. I guess I get to experience both ends of the spectrum.
Oh my gosh. I thought 8 years was alot. LOL. Were you back and forth like hubby and I? It honestly is SO HARD to decide. There are so many pros/cons. I'm sure you went through it as well. Was yours planned or accident? I'm glad to see being scared is normal then if you feel it too, but how exciting it must be too! How is yours going? I hope it's all going great! Thank you so much for your time!! Did you have the blood or amnio done??

Thanks again!!
Melly

Old 01-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #10
(female)

Donte HB User

Oh yes, we went back and forth thinking this is good - then thinking this is bad...hahaha. It was not planned. I have rheumatoid arthritis and was taking methotrexate (chemo). I stopped taking it because of a cold that lasted for about a month and I decided to just stay off of it because I was feeling good without it. Well, somehow, going off the med caused my cycle to go crazy - so here we are.

Everything seems to be going fine. I just had the nuchal translucency ultrasound yesterday and that showed normal, so I feel good about it. So far, don't think I'll need the amnio.

Good luck with you too.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

I am 40 and have 3 y old. Unfortinately I don't think we can handle phisically and financially one more, although I still having hopes. Amneo is very simple procedure which takes few minutes is nothing to be afraid at all.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:43 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinaqt
I am 40 and have 3 y old. Unfortinately I don't think we can handle phisically and financially one more, although I still having hopes. Amneo is very simple procedure which takes few minutes is nothing to be afraid at all.
Hello Galinaqt:

So you were roughly my age when you had your 3-year old. Mind if I ask a few questions. I was trying to find a woman close to my age that has had a baby. Is that your only one or do you have more? Did you have an amnio with that pregnancy? Did you have a healthy pregnancy? My age is the biggest reason I've been debating this issue. Health, money, job, marriage is all the best it could be, but as I said, I'm 38 now. Thank you in adance!

Melly

Old 01-15-2006, 06:45 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte
Oh yes, we went back and forth thinking this is good - then thinking this is bad...hahaha. It was not planned. I have rheumatoid arthritis and was taking methotrexate (chemo). I stopped taking it because of a cold that lasted for about a month and I decided to just stay off of it because I was feeling good without it. Well, somehow, going off the med caused my cycle to go crazy - so here we are.

Everything seems to be going fine. I just had the nuchal translucency ultrasound yesterday and that showed normal, so I feel good about it. So far, don't think I'll need the amnio.

Good luck with you too.
Sound just like what we've been going through. lol. Congrats to you Donte! I'm so happy to hear that your ultrasound went good, and thanks for your reply!

Melly

Closed Thread