It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Anyone doing yoga

I just love yoga, since I became pregnant I gave up all my other types of exercise like running and liftinf weights for something a bit more relaxing, now I walk on my treadmill for an hour a day a pratice yoga for a half an hour> I love it my body has never felt so good and my legs are so toned and long not bulky, I worked so hard to get my shape back after my first baby but always felt to bulky and stiff from the weights I am pregnant and in better shape than I ever have been go figure,long and lean Yoga is so amazing. Give it a try.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User
Re: Anyone doing yoga

I haven't tried yoga just because I can't find a descent place here in Houston where I feel comfortable. I do workout by walking and doing pilates, which has worked wonders for me. I don't do the one on the floor with a mat, but I do the Pilates Allegro on the Reformer machine. My instructor will modify my routine as when I start showing more probably eliminating the ab work all in all. It definitely helps if the expecting mom is active in working out prior to becoming pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi cad
i did yoga classes for pg women between weeks 15 and 23 but have been demotivated recently with christmas getting in the way i also did aqua aerobics for pg moms this has finished for christmas break. i enjoy this class better than the yoga but each to their own. i also was put off the yoga when i read yoga in pg can cause pubis symphasis disorder and i don't want that.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

Do you do yoga at a club or do you have a video/DVD that you can recommend for home?

Old 01-04-2006, 05:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I do it at home I did take a few calsses for the basics but now I do it at home. I did pratice yoga on and off for a couple of years and knew what to expect so I have been using crunch mama yoga, and if I want something a bit more demanding but still gentle I have been using classic yoga with modified prenatal movements, you will find that alot of books have modified poses for pregnant women. The Mama crunch yoga is nice and easy and gives you a good stretch>

Old 01-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

Cool, I'll have to try it! Thanks!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

My dr did yoga throught all of her three pregnancies and recovered very well from each of them, her advice to me was don't do birkam yoga until after pregnancy as the temperature is to hot , I can continue along doing any other type as long as I slow it down and listen to my body if anything is uncomfortable stop or modify, that is what I have done and it is working out quite well>

Old 01-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i do yoga when i can and i love it. i have fibromyalgia and it helps a little with that plus my hips are killing me. i have a video that i do at home.
it is so relaxing.
robin

Closed Thread