It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User
Question Watery discharge?

Sorry if this is too much information but I'm am starting to get a bit worried... I know that being pregnant you do have more discharge etc, and that its normal.

But recently, since I have been ill with Flu actually when I cough or put pressure on my abdomen I leak what can only be described as a watery substance.. It doesn't smell or anything and the reason it is worrying me is because it is so watery? It doesn't happen everytime I cough but enough to worry that it could be a problem. Has anybody else experienced this?

Any help or info would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Tear_Drop; 01-03-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Increased discharge?

hi teardrop
if you don't think it is normal discharge see your doc, if it is more watery get seen asap just to rule out it being a slow trickle of amniotic fluid. at least that is what i worry about but i could be wrong my waters have not broken and i don't quite know what to expect anyway. i do have more discharge though now i am pg tmi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

How far along are you? If it is more watery than normal discharge you definitely want to talk to your doctor (especially if you are in your last two months). It might be nothing but better safe than sorry.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Could what you are describing be urine? When coughing during pregnancy some women do leak urine.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #5
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User

I think I am going to go to see my midwife just in case.

No it's not urine - I don't think, because sometimes it has a clear white colour to it. Not like a yeast infection though... If that makes sense.

Thank you all anyway!!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear_Drop
I think I am going to go to see my midwife just in case.

No it's not urine - I don't think, because sometimes it has a clear white colour to it. Not like a yeast infection though... If that makes sense.

Thank you all anyway!!
It so makes sense to me. I have had it since I was about 23 wks, im 30 now. I told my dr about it about 5 wks ago and he said it was very normal. Its so bad I have to wear a small pad. I also went to the dr for my next 4 wk appt yesterday and he was gone so I saw his assistant and she checked it to make sure it wasnt a infection or anything. They called me a few hours later to let me know it wasnt. I feel better knowing its nothing to worry about. But it is a pain to not have a period and still need pads.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 01-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User

mamasita
thanks for your help. I think I will bring it up at my next appt just to be on the safe side!
im glad I'm not the only one!!!

Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I am not feeling like I have a discharge so much as leaking even while I sit and also if I roll over in bed... It doesn't smell/look like urine - but I drink like 10 glasses of water a day so my pee is very very pale!!!

I guess its possible to be leaking urine especially since she is heads down now and I feel less pressure at my ribs - I think she has moved on down - let me know your thoughts. I have to wear panty liners... too... no fun.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #9
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I had that starting a few days ago, if you read my story on another post about preterm labor. I was sent to the hospital for discharge and some other things and sometimes you can have a small tear in your sac and that could be it. Its not always a gush, it can be a trickle alot of time and dont even know its happened. Mine didnt end up being amniotic fluid but its better to be safe than sorry. If it is you could get an infection from it from not doing anything about it. Mine was pretty much like clear water, I knew it wasnt urine. There was just enough to be uncomfortable and have to change my undies a few times. I was told to smell it to tell the differance. If it was urine it smells like ammonia, we all know what that smells like but amniotic fluid has a kinda sweet smell to it. In the end they just assumed Im going through one of those pregnancy things and have alot of discharge. They tested it for everything and nothing was wrong.

I would go to the doctor and have them test it.
Good luck
Meg

Old 01-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #10
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

They did do a test on me and found out it was nothing. It was also not urine and not a discharge. Its just a clear liquid with no smell......I have been told by 2 doctors that its nothing and not to worry about it.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 01-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

mamasita - that is exactly what I have - exactly... its not discharge at all - and its not urine - just watery..... and sometimes I think its sweat - ??? but other times I can feel it leaking - just when sitting....

I had an internal exam just yesterday he didn't check for amniotic fluid leaking - didn't feel it was necessary - so ... I don't know. He is the chief of staff for the OB dept. at the hospital and women are loving this doctor - so I think I am ok to wait till Wed. my baby is moving up a storm - and all - so I think all is well.

Closed Thread