It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
acid reflux/ heartburn

anyone experiencing acid reflux. my oesophagus feels on fire and so does the back of my throat when i get gas i feel like a hot sensation also my tummy feels a little hot inside too, i presume this is acid reflux. i am taking gaviscon but it is not helping much. anyone know what i should do about eating? should i avoid certain foods, or eat small portions or what??? thanks for your help

Old 01-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

pearoye68 HB User
Re: acid reflux/ heartburn

I have never expierenced heart burn until I got pregnant and yes, at 24 wks this week, I am eating Tums almost on a daily basis. It is not bad, just enough to bother you. It really doesn't matter what I eat, sometimes I get it when I haven't eaten at all but my belly has grown so much the last couple of wks that I bet, my tummy is running out of room and not keeping things down in it like it should. That is my guess!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I had GERD that finally cleared up a few years ago, but they best things I was told was to stay away from tomatoey sauces, acidic fruit, etc. Then on the flip side, to try and eat alot of breads and dairy, meats (avoid red though). Also tums work WONDERS and just regular pink bismuth from the drug store, I used to down bottles of that stuff I have heartburn extra bad during this pregnancy because of previous battles with GERD.. It's no fun, I know

Old 01-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

I take prilosec and eat tums like three times a day and still have it no matter what I eat it seems to just pop up for no reason then sometimes I even get a headache from it too Im weird I guess, but it is a major bother to add on with the rest of the discomfort of pregnancy Im 27 weeks..

Old 01-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
(female)

Erin619 HB User

I take Maalox and Pepcid AC on a daily basis. Laying down after a meal is just about the worst thing I can do. The acid in my stomach just comes right up. It really is awful. I notice that anything fatty or buttery makes it much worse, and then not eating for a while seems to aggravate it also. SIGH..................

Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

I am currently 31 weeks and mine is so bad that I had to get a prescription for Previcid. I am doubled up on Pepcid and Previcid for two days. I mean, I was in tears two nights ago becuase of this.

It feels like a fire is in my throat and I get a stabbing pain center back. I tried Pepcid and Maloxx Liquid AND Mylanta liquid and it did not work. It got to the point that i was worried about what the excess acid was doing to my esophogus, so I called the Dr.

This is awful. Morning sickness in the beginning and now this. YUCK!

Old 01-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I take 150mg Zantac and phayzme for gas pains... works GREAT!

Closed Thread