It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

lipidprofiler HB User
Need Peace of Mind

Is it even worth taking the test 9 days after ovulation?

Long story short, I messed up and followed my physical feelings instead of my good sense on December 26th , day 14 of my cycle. This week I am finding myself getting nauseous very easily when I usually have a stomach of steel. I have had twinges of pains around my ovaries and slight clear discharge. My breasts are so swollen and sore to touch. Today is 9 days out and I am having cramps that are slightly milder than regular menstrual cramps, but they are more constant. There is a heavy, dull pain in my lower back as well.

I know that it is way too soon to be feeling all of that in relation to a pregnancy, so it may all be psychological. Or, since it had been three years since I had any sort of sexual activity, plus I just started working out again - maybe I am throwing my cycle off and all of these symptoms are just PMS because I am going to start earlier.

Is it way too early to expecy an accurate result from a home test?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User
Re: Need Peace of Mind

I don't think it's too early to test, but I probably wouldn't bother because taking one that early only really puts you at risk for a false negative because you don't have enough hormones built up in your system yet.
As far as symptoms, some women do feel things that early. I didn't, but I've heard it happens. You're right though, the mind is a very powerful thing--if you're worried about pregnancy you might be extremely hypersensitive to anything out of the ordinary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

I really don't think that is too early to feel symptoms of pregnancy. I felt symptoms as early as 7dpo (days past ovulation), but I didn't take a test until I was actually 13dpo. I think you COULD get a positive this soon, but like Sallyz said, taking a test that early can somtimes give you a false negative. So if I were you, I would wait just a few more days to rule that out. Good luck!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #4

rena2006 HB User

its possible your pregnant, congratulations, welcome to the pregnancy life style, im into my 14th week, realy happy and excited... hope you get the result you want

Closed Thread