It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

Noel's girl HB User
Maybe A Stupid Couple Of Questions But...

I was just wondering, I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with twins and I am worried about going into labor. I have been told that your water can break and it just be like you are having a heavy discharge. And what do contractions feel like? People have been so friendly as to tell me stories of women going into labor, like having there water break and not realizing it and it makes me very nervous that it could happen to me. Since I have been pg my discharge has been heavier, but how will I know if my water breaks and it is like a discharge? My dh just thinks I am being over paranoid and that I have nothing to worry about, but I just want to be able to have my mind put at ease. Thanks to everyone.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

summertyme HB User
Re: Maybe A Stupid Couple Of Questions But...

When my water broke, I definitely knew it. It was like peeing on myself, only you have no control of it and it just keeps coming out. That probably doesn't make you feel any better, but at least you'll know it's happening. My first contractions felt like rumbly, mild menstrual cramps, but got heavier and heavier as time went on. Don't worry, almost everyone knows when they go into labor, and if they don't know it at first, they know it in time to get to the hospital. In fact, it's kind of nice to miss out on the first signs of labor, because then you get to the hospital and find out you're already part of the way done and didn't even know it!

Don't listen to all the scary stories--most people get carried away and run off at the mouth and don't realize they are freaking you out. I know that having your babies is the biggest thing on your mind right now, but you'll come through it just fine. I've had two children (separate pregnancies) and everything was completely normal--no horror stories or bad things happened. It hurt like heck, but that will pass away into faded memory in a very short time!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread