It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Anybody ever on Effexor while pregnant??

Hello,

I have posted on another thread debating pregnancy. I am thinking of having another baby, BUT, I am currently on Effexor and was told by my psych that it is a safe antidep to take during pregnancy. There is no history of cleft palate or any abnormalties at all. But even still knowing that, I'm pretty sure that I will have him wean me off before I get/if I can get pregnant. I wanted to know if anybody took this drug safely during pregnancy. I have a long check list of things to do before I even START to try. This is one important one. I was on one (not Effexor) for my first child and he was born healthy and fine.

Thank you!

Melly

Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Re: Anybody ever on Effexor while pregnant??

Anybody at all?? LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 05:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

HELLO!! Anyone out there?? LOL

Old 01-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi mel
i don't know the answer if your doc says it is ok to take then it probably is, althoughif like a lot of pg women you don't want to do any drugs while pg talk to your doc about weaning off them, also you may want to consider therapy to address the issues underlying your depression as meds will not take them away. best of luck and can i just say how smart you are to prepare for pg especially when so many women don't bother.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepyone
hi mel
i don't know the answer if your doc says it is ok to take then it probably is, althoughif like a lot of pg women you don't want to do any drugs while pg talk to your doc about weaning off them, also you may want to consider therapy to address the issues underlying your depression as meds will not take them away. best of luck and can i just say how smart you are to prepare for pg especially when so many women don't bother.
Thank you for your response. I"m not on them for depression, but for anxiety. I have been on med's for over 15 years now. I do get therapy also. I realize drugs are not the total answer and that is why I get therapy too. I really want to hear from someone that has gotten pregnant on it though to hear how their pregnancy went. Oh well. Yes, I am preparing ahead. I've got my folic acid and made all my checkups I'm almost ready to start trying in Feb. or March. Thank you again!

Melly

Old 01-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Effexor And Pregnancy??/

Anyone on this while they were pregnant??

Closed Thread