It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

LABOR HB User
Red face hungry

hi i am seven weeks pregnant I just want to know if is normal to be hungry all the time.... my boyfriend says its an excuse to eat but is not i get so hungry i even feel like if im going to throw up. .lol... just last night i felt like a little kid I could not go to bed I was so hungry but it was close to midnight and i didnt want to eat so late so and i kept on moving around finally i decided to eat some cereal and as soon as i finished i got so sleepy and i went to bed like if nothing...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: hungry

To answer your question, it can be normal to get excessively hungery during the early weeks. I also got very hungery for a few weeks around the same time you are. We went to the Olive Garden three times in one week and everytime I would eat 3 bowls of salad, a couple bowls of Minestrone soup and then have my pasta dish. I couldn't get enough. Cereal is a great snack, it is my favorite and I eat that alot. Try to maintain the eating and not let it be an excuse though, you may regret that later down the road. When you chose food, try to chose healthier options even though it may be difficult.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i wasnt able to eat in the beginning due to morning sickness that i had all day, but now i am 22 wks and when i am hungry you better watch out. one day i was so hungry i did not know what to eat, it was either fritos and bean dip, corn, or pickles that i wanted so i just ate a little of all three, gross huh?
i do eat a bowl of cheerios with bananas at night if i get too hungry to go to sleep. it does the trick and is oh so good.
robin

Old 01-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I got really hungry about 7-10 weeks for that time, all I could think about was were I was going to get my next thing to eat and what it would be. I pretty much brought a whole cooler to work with me, I couldnt even think about what would happen if I was caught without any food. Then it started to taper off and then came the time when I didnt want to eat at all. I still feel like that alot now. So tell your man that its not in your head and its your body needing the extra food, I mean your starting the hardest part of making your baby. Lots of things are happening to him/her right now and its just your bodies answer to get the nutrients it needs. They say your body asks for what it needs. So give in now because it will probably go away in a few weeks.
meg

Old 01-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

omg i am hungry all the time too and i am 28 weeks it is slightly better now than at the beginning but i think m/s necessitated eating so much early on. although i have eaten lots of snacks i have tried to ensure when i am hungry to have some fruit or salads to keep healthy plus all the fruit helps with constipation so a good thign to do

Old 01-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #6
Veteran

rach12 HB User

I am 13 weeks and I get that way too. It was bad at first then it tappered off due to m/s I think and now about 10:00 @ night I eat cereal or something to hold me over till morning. I eat small meals all day and eat about every 2- 3 hours unless i am sleeping. I love milk so sometimes i will have a glass of milk before bed to coat my stomache. I have woken up @ 2 in the morning hungry ( like HUNGRY) and at 4:00 sometimes too. It is normal just TRY to eat as healthy as you can. Fruit or if you can not eat veggies due to m/s like me I drink a small v8. Hope this helps

Old 01-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User

Oh I wish that I felt better when I didn't eat....but I feel better when I do. I've gained 10-12 pounds in the last 2 months just because of my m/s. I too think constantly about what I'm going to eat next. It's really hard, because fruit right now, except apples for some reason, makes me worse and veggies do too....my diet seems to consist of sandwiches and other carb intense foods. I hope things die down soon with my m/s so I can slow down a bit. Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one who's infatuated with food right now...

Closed Thread