It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Question about soy

Another article I read on the net said eating soy can cause problems in the reproductive organs of the baby if you eat too much, but I couldn't find out hoe much too much is anyone eat soy, I have lactose intolerance and soy milk is an option for me I don't drink it often but I also eat a cereal that has soy protein in it, any insight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Question about soy

I have doen alot of research on Soy and I wish I could post a link, but I cant however soy is not good for you at all pregnant or not regardless of what people say, but I because of the forum rules I cant link you to the nutrional Soy Site I would stay away from it in general

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

I am a soy eater and I must say I have a different opinion on this one. This was one of the first questions I asked my Dr. and he said that I could continue eating soy in moderation without any problems what so ever to my baby. I also use soy milk for cereal.

The amount of soy products you would have to consume would be far greater to what you problably do.

There is no hard scientific data to prove Soy is bad for baby.It is very similar to Green Tea. There is no hard evidence to indicate that green tea is bad unless you consume large quantities of the medicinal herb, not the tea form.

It is completly up to you what you chose to do but I myself eat soy and have not have any problems with it.

Last edited by skeetersquirt; 01-05-2006 at 02:30 PM.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
(female)

wendyr HB User

I have soy milk every single morning with two big bowls of cereal and also eat soy products with being vegetarian (mostly). All indications show that my baby is completely healthy. I am 28 weeks with my first baby. I have not heard of soy being bad for you but there again, there is always something wrong with everything that we eat or drink at some time or other! I wouldn't worry about it too much unless there is hard evidence about this.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

At my last dr appointment I asked about the soy issue and she said it was fine in moderation, what they worry about is the estrogen in the soy and it could cause problems in reproductive organs of babies possibly????She said I would have to eat quite alot of it for this to happen, as it stands I eat about 15 grams a day so she said no worries. I haven't taken her word as gospel, because I have found no evidence to suggest that soy causes anything so I will just keep my soy to no more than 15gr a day.

Closed Thread