It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

tsfranklin HB User
movement at 24 weeks...

I will be 24 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I am worried to death about the way the baby is moving. I feel her every day but some days she moves more than other days and today she has barely moved at all and her movements are not that strong. I was hoping someone who was around this stage of pregnancy or remembers when they were could help me out. I have been having regular ultrasounds because I have a placental cyst, or what they think is a cyst, and the baby is perfectly healthy and growing right on track. I had the last ultrasound about 2 1/2 weeks ago and everything was fine. I feel movement every day but the movement is just not as strong as I have been reading that it should be right now. Sometimes she will wake me up in the middle of the night with a good jolt but definitely not every night. Most of the time it is just a subtle little nudge. If anyone could share their experience and hopefully reassure me it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
(female)

walnutsmom HB User
Re: movement at 24 weeks...

Wow. Seems pretty darn normal to me. You mainly need to watch for "changes in kicking routine" when you're further along in your pregancy (towards the end). If everything has been great up until now and you had your ultrasound 2 weeks ago I think you're letting the pregnancy worries get the best of you. This is coming from someone who is very guilty of the same thing!

I am at 20 weeks and barely feel anything at all because I have an anterior placenta (argh). Imagine how tough it is going to be for me to judge movement patterns when everything is being muffled by the placement of my placenta.

Did the doctors tell you that your placental cyst might give you problems that would lead to the baby not moving sometimes? If not I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you're having a very healthy, normal pregnancy. Congratulations!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

It is normal. The baby has a mind of it's own and you can't expect her to move the same time everyday or everyday for that matter with the same intensity. Plus remember she is growing and will have less and less room to move in the future.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I was at least 20 weeks or so more before I felt my baby kick for the first time. Since then it hasn't been everyday or the same time everyday. She kicked strong in the evenings for a few days in a row and then nothing. I don't worry because I know she is in there and she is healthy. I am 26 weeks now and the movement is never routine.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I agree, it's normal. Keep in mind that her position will determine how much of her movements you feel. If she's facing your spine (posterior) you won't feel as much as if she was kicking outwards (as opposed to inwards).

I notice every couple of days that movement changes in frequency and time, but to reasure myself I have a glass coke or some ice cream.. that ALWAYS gets her going!!

Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 AM   #6
(female)

tsfranklin HB User

Thanks guys for the reassurance. It really helps to hear from others who are experiencing the same things. I will definitely try the coke and ice cream!

Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

I am 26 weeks pregnant and I have the same worries some days shes really active and just rolls and kicks up a storm and other days she might just give me some little rolls and light kicks where Im waiting all day for movement but my doctor says its normal.. My family jokes that she is going to be lazy like me It seems she even plays a game with us where I can be feeling her for 15 minutes move until someone puts there hand on my stomach and she stops dead in her track..

Closed Thread