It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

popoaikonkon HB User
How to Conceive a GIRL

I know girls, its like not possible to conceive the sex you are looking for. But what are the secrets and midwives tales which you guys have heard about conceiving a girl?!

Old 01-06-2006, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: How to Conceive a GIRL

Well I dont think there is a way of knowing, I think its all gods plan, but if you ask my dh he says if the woman is on top it will be a girl, lmao we have a boy and a girl and a boy on the way. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

It is all random Popoa. Think of the great odds you do have, the probability that you would have a girl is 1:1 chance. The baby can only be a boy or a girl. I also really, really, really, wanted a girl. I have two younger sisters than are 10 years younger than I and I knew how girls are and it is fun being older than them and buying them cute things. LUCKILY, we are having a girl. My husband also wanted a girl. Old wives tales, are usually just that, old wives tales. Doing certain things or standing on your head doesn't make someone have a girl. At least it has never been scientifically proven. Take your chances.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

My mom SWEARS if you eat yams constantly while you are trying to concieve you will have a girl. When she remarried she wanted a girl with her new husband so she ate yams out the wazzoo and wound up having a girl. She keeps trying to get me to eat yams the next time DH and I try for a baby, I just roll my eyes at her. lol She also swears there is some study of an 3rd world tribe that it's main food source is yams, and they are outnumbered by girls.. I've never tried looking that up, but it's funny to hear her go on and on about it. Good luck! I don't see how that does ANYTHING since it is the mans sperm that decides the sex of the baby.. Maybe overload him with yams? ROFL

Old 01-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

You will be totally happy with whatever gender you get. That said, I don't blame you for wanting a girl. That's what you know. It's more fun to dress them, you will have a closer bond with them when they're older...

My doctor said the best "natural" way to increase your odds for a girl is to follow your cycle carefully and to have sex 3 days BEFORE you ovulate and then no sex for the rest of the cycle. The theory is that the male sperm are faster but die quicker. So they head up for the egg, the egg isn't there and they die. When the slowpoke female swim finally make it up, the egg is realeased and they can fertilize it.

There are also books that are based on this theory and other things but you really have to be scientific about it. Have sex at very certain times in certain positions, you'll need an ovulation kit, etc. My mother's friend used one of these books and was trying to get me to do it. I also really wanted a girl for my second but didn't want to mess with it too much. We tried the "sex before ovulation" thing but after 4 months of just not getting pregnant I was getting impatient so the next month we had lots of sex whenever we felt like it and sure enough we are now pregnant with another boy.

I'm very excited to be having another boy. But I only wanted two kids. We'll see how having two is and if I decide to go for a third I will try the books.

Might be worth it for you to try the books. Can't hurt, right? You could do a google search. I totally don't believe the wive's tales including the Chinese Gender Calendar (which I was sort of counting on and which put me at having a girl!).

Old 01-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

The Chinese calendar had me pegged for having a boy and I am having a girl for sure.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I checked the Chinese Calendar and for me it says a boy, I'm having a boy. I guess I just got lucky Coincidence sure is nice when it comes to old wives tales HAHA

Old 01-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
(female)

kenna_lane HB User

Trying to concieve a girl?! Becareful what you wish for I wished and tried two times for a boy and am the (happy) mother of two little girls. I read all the ways to have this and have that but I guess we never did it right. We are currently expecting #3 and am interested in seeing what it is. I am happy and content with my girls, but it would be nice to have a boy so that my husband would have someone for him so to say. I don't know what it is like to have a boy, but I definitly wonder sometimes if boys are really harder than girls. Good luck on your girl quest.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_s
Well I dont think there is a way of knowing, I think its all gods plan, but if you ask my dh he says if the woman is on top it will be a girl, lmao we have a boy and a girl and a boy on the way. lol
My SIL also told me this one, but Im having a girl and I wasnt in that position so Im not sure how true it is.. But hey it dont hurt to try.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

You know what I was looking at the chinese claendar and it was right for all three, however it was wrong for my friends kids, anyway like I said no way of knowing

Old 01-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #11
(female)

Saraw08 HB User

The general principle is that there is a 50/50 chance for either a boy or a girl however if a couple has 5 boys and is pregnant with a 6th, the odds of having a boy are slightly higher than having a girl....

Something I learned in senior year Statistics class... Don't ask me logistics though. That was 2 years ago.

Closed Thread