It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 07:38 AM   #1

lil'momma HB User
question about test

I took an ept test last night and it read negative on it. This morning I noticed that it read positive(had a faint positive) I know that you are suppose to go by what it reads in like the first few minutes, but could it really be positive? Maybe it didn't pick up right away because hormone levels could still be to low? Anyways I was just wondering if any of you that are pregnant had encountered the same thing when you first tested. Also, I'm not even sure exactly when My last period was but I have a good idea about when. My husband and I had sex 2 weeks ago today (wasn't trying , had an oops) Actually I find myself hoping that I am(this would be our 2nd child) I am also having AF like cramps(like I did with my 1st) I started feeling the cramps after a few days that we had sex and it has been off and on for the past 2 wks. and I have to pee all the time and feel bloated. I would like to hear your experiences with your test, and please tell me what you think about mine. Thanks

Old 01-06-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: question about test

Although it could possibly be a positive, it is more likely an evaporation line which happens after the test has been sitting for over an hour or so. I would either test again in a couple of days or see my doc for a blood test.

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I think any thing over 10 min. doesn't count on the test. not sure though - it should say on the packing slip.. and you can call the "help" number too and ask.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

I would take another one. You can by the Dollar Tree brands which are cheap, and work just as well. I have personally never had an evaporation line, but know people who have. Everytime I have ever taken a pregnancy test and it was negative, it stayed negative even hours upon hours later. Although you shouldn't get your hopes up just in case, you should retest. I would try the First Response test which tells you 5 days before your missed period. If you are pg, that would tell you. If you have another experience like the one you just wrote about, then I would get a blood test done. Please let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

I have actually seen an evaporation line as we were TTC for 4 years before getting pg. The first time I thought it was a positive, only to find out that it was not. It was quite disappointing. Good luck to you.

Amy

Old 01-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
(female)

Whoababy HB User

This is what happened when i took my pregnancy test (unlike before when i wasn't pregnant just stayed blank). I just took another one a few days later to find out I was preg. It said on the slip i had that no results after 10 mins were accurate, but who knows. I would take another one in a couple of days..... Good luck =)

Old 01-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Yup mine did that too and it wasnt an evaporation line, it took another 3 days for it to show up posostive though, I say retest in a couple of days

Old 01-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #8

lil'momma HB User

bump, bumpy, bump, (Thanks for all of your replies, I will keep you posted when I find out for sure)

Old 01-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #9
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Yes the ten minute rule applies here, I had these lines too. I would always go dig in the bathroom trash to look at it again after a negative even though it was way over 10 minutes. So I would get excited and take another test! But it was negative. If its going to show a positive it will within a minute or two.

Closed Thread