It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

LauraC123 HB User
Positive Pregnancy Test - ? about symptoms

Hello all!

I've been feeling some nausea (no vomitting), dizziness and just general ickiness lately. I chalked it up to just having some sort of flu-like sickness. I've also been experiencing signs that Aunt Flo is approaching: tender breasts and menstrual cramps. The thought of pregnancy crossed my mind so I took a test tonight and it was positive I keep telling myself that it can't possibly be right and it must be a faulty test! The cramps I've been having have felt EXACTLY like menstrual cramps, so my question is did anyone experience this symptom early in pregnancy? Did it feel exactly like you were about to get your period?

Thanks! I plan to take another test in the morning and will continue to panic and what not until then

Laura

Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
(female)

christy0108 HB User
Re: Positive Pregnancy Test - ? about symptoms

Laura the same thing happened to me. I tested positive for pregnancy and I kept thinking it was wrong because I had cramps. The doctor said some people have cramps the first couple of months during the pregnancy when you should be starting. It is very normal during pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
(female)

LauraC123 HB User

Thanks for replying, Christy! I keep having these cramps and thinking there's no way I could be pregnant - it's nice to hear that it's normal and common! If tomorrow morning's test is positive too I will believe it LOL!

Thanks again!

Old 01-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

I had alot of cramplike discomfort in the first weeks of pregnancy along with alot of bloating. They felt like minor menstrual cramps. This is normal.

Amy

Old 01-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I totally thought my period was coming, I dint fell that way with my other two kids but I did with this one

Old 01-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #6
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User

I to had cramps for the first couple of months around the time my period was due!!

Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wish you all the best x x

Old 01-07-2006, 02:47 AM   #7
(female)

LauraC123 HB User

Thank you so much everyone!

I woke up early this morning and went right to the bathroom...and got another positive! I can't believe it!!

Old 01-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

The first time I got pregnant I had taken three tests and they all came back positive but I didnt believe it because I was having cramps just like my period. I went to the doctor because I was in pain and my period wasnt coming and knew something was wrong. Well she walked in and said we know whats wrong, you are pregnant and I being the ignorant girl I was said NO I am getting my period and theres something wrong and thats why its not coming. She said there is a baby in there and your growing to make room for it, It tends to feel just like period cramps. Thats what happens when your only 20 and get pregnant. Atleast this time I have ten years under my belt so I knew what I was doing.
congrats
Meg

Old 01-08-2006, 05:27 AM   #9
(female)

LauraC123 HB User

Hi Meg!

That sounds just like me! I have taken 4 tests now and they've all been positive, but I'm still kind of in disbelief! Maybe it's shock! Every time I have a cramp I run into the bathroom to make sure there's no blood. Now that I've almost come to believe I'm actually pregnant ( ) I'm PARANOID that something's going to happen!

Thanks for replying!
Laura

Closed Thread