It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

Kayyan HB User
Red face anyone else expierancing this..?!?!

okay so i am 35 1/2 weeks, but I am a gestational diabetic, so they arnt going to let me go past the end ofthe month, she is already in the "position" with her head down and weighs a little over 6lbs..i get a like wet spots in my underwear, its not discharge its not discolored or anything, but its like constant for the past few weeks and it gets worse...i know that discharge is normal, but i mean it just kind of looks like water, i dont think it ould be my water breaking cause i think there would be a lot more fluid than this...does anyone else expierance this? or should i be concerned. Please someone give me some feedback!

KR

Old 01-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: anyone else expierancing this..?!?!

Have you notified your OB about this? You could be slowly leaking amniotic fluid without the sac actually rupturing. There are ways for them to check to see if this is just normal vaginal discharge or actual amniotic fluid.

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

I agree, you need to call your doctor ASAP (even at night) and ask to be checked for leaking amnionic fluid. I was leaking such a little bit that I didn't know it. The doctor checked me with a special small strip of paper and found the wetness was amnionic fluid. It's similar to the strip used by regular diabetics to test urine. I was hospitalized, put on antibiotics, and the baby was born soon.

Don't delay. A possible leak is serious until it's proven to not be a leak. Any rupture of the membranes can make the baby sick which is why a baby must be delivered within 24 hours of a rupture - or a leak. If you have a fever - go to the ER tonight. Call and leave a message for your doctor, then go.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 01-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I would take a trip over to L&D and have them do the strip test for amniotic fluid especially if it is clear liquid. I know this sounds gross but did you smell it cause it might be pee..happened to me with my first, anyway I am 35 1/2 weeks and I have a huge amount of discharge and just got some vaginal inserts for it, so I say go get it checked

Old 01-07-2006, 05:38 AM   #5

jennfaery HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie_s
I would take a trip over to L&D and have them do the strip test for amniotic fluid especially if it is clear liquid. I know this sounds gross but did you smell it cause it might be pee..happened to me with my first, anyway I am 35 1/2 weeks and I have a huge amount of discharge and just got some vaginal inserts for it, so I say go get it checked

Off topic but what's a vaginal insert? A tampon? I thought you weren't suposed to put much of anything up there? Anyway, Kay, please go to L&D and get it checked out. Atleast call your doc. You could possibly get an infection and it could hurt the baby if it's not taken care of. What color is it? If it is green or brown you need to get in ASAP. That is a sign of fetal distress. Good luck and let us know what happened.

Last edited by jennfaery; 01-07-2006 at 05:39 AM.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
(female)

Kayyan HB User

Thanks everyone, i'm a little nervous now, it doesnt smell like pee, thats why i find it weird, they have asked if i have had discharge i just told them normallyl? i've been having contractions too which they are aware of, and hmm i dont know..i could just be getting nervous about nothing..but thanks for all your feed back i really apprecaite it...if its a leak in my amniotic sac and it seems like its been going on for a few weeks, isnt it weird that i havent delievered? i dunno.

Closed Thread