It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

Jmommy2be61806 HB User
hi, something to ask you all

Hello, I am new to the boards. I have a question/was wondering if anyone else experienced this.
First off, you should know I am 16weeks5days pregnant, I am due June 18th.

So here is my situation, Wednesday night, I went to the hospital, for pain on my right side, in my lower abdomen and back. My doctor thought it may have been a kidney stone (you should also know that I have a pelvic kidney). It turned out not to be a kidney stone that they could detect, but they also checked my appendix at the same time, and that was fine. With all this being done, my blood tests, and my urine came back crystal clear.

So now here is whats going on NOW lol, my pain has gone and spread all across my lower abdomen, it feels like REALLY bad period cramps, and bad lower back pain, all the way across..and also, like when I go too pee, or just like push in general, it feels like theres a rock like putting pressure on my abdomen, and almost my butt..(sorry TMI!) So, I called my doctor, since it has been going on for 3 days. He said that it could be a few things. That one, it hurts to push down on my uterus, I could have a small infection developing in my uterus..(but Im wondering, wouldn't that have been detected if that were the case??) two, it could be stretching, (but WOWWW these pains are worse than ANY ive ever had so far) OR, it could be that my pelvic kidney is creating that pain and pressure and it will likely last the whole pregnancy. He said that my discharge looks OK, not great though..and if I get worse an antibiotic might be needed..but if the tests all came back clean do you really think it could be an infection?? Or just BAD stretching pains? Also, I have been having generally regularly timed bowel movements, you know like every day, but they are very hard..(which they've been throughout the pregnancy) Could that be causing some pain too? I really dont know this is my first so I'm clueless. I'm very nervous, even after the doctor did an ultrasound and said the baby and placenta look fine. I just dont know what it is thats going on, and whether or not I should risk taking an anitbiotic or not if i dont have an infection? Has anyone had these sort of pains, or know what it may be? Thanks for reading and thank you for any advice in advance! -Jessica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

christy0108 HB User
Re: hi, something to ask you all

I am almost 19 wks pregnant and the same thing happened to me. I was released from the hospital yesterday with it. My doctor said it is called round ligament pain. It was hard for me to believe because I didn't think the pain could be that bad. I could not lay on my back at all. It felt like a charlie horse with extremely bad back pain. I felt paralyzed while it was going on. This is the second week in a row it has happened to me where they put me in the hospital. Wednesday it was so bad I was vomitting. They ran all the same test on me that they ran on you and it came back fine. He gave me pain medication which I am scared to take and he said if it continues he will take me out of work. He said a lot of his patients think they are having an appendicitis. I feel relieved to know someone else has experienced it. It makes me feel like it is normal.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #3
(female)

Jmommy2be61806 HB User

thanks so much for your reply! you just relieved me quite a bit too! yes, it kills me to lay on my lower back too, and it hurts to get up sometimes, or to sit down, or just generally to move, and when i push on my uterus. Its not fun at all, but im glad its probably nothing serious.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

I am 26 weeks pregnant but before I got pregnant I had over 50 kidney stones and Im not exaggerating they basically ruined my life I have been lucky so far threw this pregnancy and havent been struck with any, but the pain is so bad sometimes with them you wish you would just die.. And alot of times the stones are so small that they arent detected at first I was sent home several times with them before they were actually spotted so maybe they should check you better for one.

Old 01-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
(female)

Jmommy2be61806 HB User

my mom had kidney stones too while pregnant with me. the pain feels like period cramps, and just a pain all across my back..is that what it felt like?

Closed Thread