HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   what to do....???? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/354759-what-do.html)

kayla21 01-06-2006 11:09 PM

what to do....????

during the past week, i have been having some AWFUL cramps....but im not starting my period. i was supposed to have it like 3 weeks ago but it just never came. im not stressed or anything like that (im not even stressing over not having my period for some odd reason). i was off my birth control for about a month 1/2 or so b/c i ran out. now im worried that i might be pregnant. i was thinking about buying an at home pregnancy test but i didnt know when i could use it for it to be accurate. how long should i wait until i test myself (or am i ready now?) and which one should i get?

thanks sooooo much

gsxrgirl 01-07-2006 07:50 AM

Re: what to do....????

Hi... you should get a test asap! I had cramps for weeks and just figured my period was coming. Like yours, it never did! My period was a little over 2 weeks late when I took my home preg. test. It was positive so I took the other (test came with two... was only like $12) the next morning and that was positive too. I called the dr. thinking I would have to go in to take a test there to confirm everything, but they said since I took 2 and they were both positive, there was no need to come in to take a test... I was definitely pregnant. Apparently the home tests can be false negative, but not false posistive. It was the freakiest thing seeing "pregnant" on the test with no "not" before it! Very scary but soooooooo exciting. So get a test soon and keep us posted! Good luck!!
:) Michelle

BTW, Kayla is going to be our baby's name if we have a girl!!!

kayla21 01-07-2006 01:19 PM

aww how cute! what a great name :cool: thank you soo much for your reply. tonight after work ill run over to wal mart and pick one up. oh man im nervous now!

gsxrgirl 01-07-2006 04:36 PM

sorry! Didn't mean to make you nervous!! Hopefully the test will give you the answer you want. Good luck :D

LauraC123 01-08-2006 06:21 AM

Hi Kayla!

I just posted something similar a couple of days ago. I've been having period-like cramps for about a week and a half now and have had every symptom I usually get before my period. But it never came! I took a test a couple of days ago and that second line showed up right away, and DARK! I didn't believe it because it felt just like I was about to get my period. I have taken 3 more tests in the past 2 days (2 different brands) and they have all been positive! So, it's possible to feel just like you're getting your period but really be pregnant! This is my first pregnancy and COMPLETELY unexpected so this is all very new to me!

Take a test and keep us posted! And good luck!
Laura

kayla21 01-08-2006 05:57 PM

ok so i went over to my cousins house yesterday and she had an extra test. so i took it home and took it and.....sure enough it came up positive. im only 18 and have been on accutane for about 4 months now (causes severe birth defects). me and my fiance talked last night and we both decided together that we cant keep it. also school is my #1 priority and neither of us can afford to take care of ourselves let alone a baby. so tomrw morning im going to my clinic and see what they can do for me. thanks so much to those who responded. i get so wierded out when i think of it. it seems so sureal.