It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
(female)

sweeterthan HB User
Smile Mia Rayne's Birth Story (December)

*Mia Rayne was born at 4:05 pm, 12/19/05, 8 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long and gorgeous!*
Hi everyone! It has been soooo long since I have posted. My computer broke back in October and since then I haven't really had internet access. I missed coming on here everyday. Some of you may recognize my username. I was due December 10th but actually I had my baby on December 19th. I wanted to come back and share the birth story with all of you and also thank all of you for all the advise through out my pregnancy and I hope all the "Jingle Mommies" are well and I will see you all on the infant care board now. Sorry if this whole post is long but my labor and delivery was amazing! Please take a few moments to read it, I promise its quite a story:

As I mentioned I was due December 10th (with my first child). Well I ended up being induced on December 19th. The funny thing was I was already 4 cm dilated for almost 4 weeks prior and 80% effaced. So I kept thinking "Anytime now.." Even the doctors were amazed that I dilated that far and nothing happened. Oh well. I didn't want to be induced because I just wanted my body to move things along naturally. But it had to be done. I went into the hospital early at 6 am on the 19th with my boyfriend and one of my good friends as my support people. I was induced by 6:30 am. I was so nervous! For about an hour or two all I felt were mild cramps (comparable to normal menstrual cramps). Then the doctor broke my water. I instantly dilated to 5 cm... then 6. After that I felt my first REAL contraction. I grabbed my boyfriends hand and looked him in the eyes and we breathed through it together. My friend said "Do you want the epidural yet?" I said "No, its not bad enough to need the epidural yet." Well than about 3 minutes later another contraction came and I said to the nurse "Okay I need the epidural now." It took the anesthesiologist about a half hour to get to my room. I just squeezed my boyfriend's hand, stayed focused and breathed through each one while I waited. Then when the anesthesiologist arrived I was so happy. FYI: DO NOT be scared of the epidural IT DOES NOT HURT! It even took them 2 times to get it in the right spot but once I got it I had 2 mild contractions, then I felt absolutely nothing. The epidural is a wonderful thing! I continued dilating about a cm an hour. By 1:05 pm I was ready to push. Here's where things got a little rough. The doctor advised me the baby was sunny side up and it would take some extra pushing to get her out. He said she may turn her head in the right direction while I was pushing. So I pushed with everything I had and one hour went by. She remained at 0 station. They turned my epidural down to make sure I could feel where to push. Then I pushed and pushed for another hour... Still no progress was being made. By then the epidural wore off, I was exhausted, I had terrible back labor, I was swollen really bad down there and I finally started to cry. The doctor came back in and said that the best option was a C-Section as no progress was being made. Her head was still sunny side up and at 0 station. The nurse said I pushed very well and not to get disappoionted because it wasn't my fault. At that point I was not scared of a c-section, I just wanted my little girl and I didn't want to be exhausted and in pain anymore. All I know is after the doctor explained everything to me about the c-section and I said okay everything happened so fast. They gave my boyfriend the scrubs and wisked me away to the operating room. It was bright and cold and I was shaking a little bit. I was still having contractions from when the epidural wore off but they quickly started a new, higher dose for the c-section. Minutes later my boyfriend came in. The operation went quickly. Before I knew it I heard the first cry of my baby girl and they brought her over and I got to kiss her before they took her to be checked out. The longest part of the c-section was them stitching me up, it took about 20 minutes. Then I went to the recovery room. The wierdest thing was being completely numb from the belly down to my toes. It took several hours for the anesthesia to wear off. I had to have a catheder in over night and was able to get out of bed the next day with the help of the nurses. I stayed at the hospital 4 days total and it was all such a wonderful experience even though I did have to have a c-section, which I totally thought I was going to have a vaginal deliver because my whole pregnancy was great. The whole labor from start to finish was less than 10 hours. I guess having that 4 cm head start was a good thing
I just want to let all you first time moms to be know whether it be vaginal or by c-section not to worry. I feel like I had a taste of both worlds, since I started off pushing but in the end had a c-section. I am not disappointed at all and the whole labor and delivery will forever be a beautiful memory in my heart.
My daughter is doing well and so am I. Still recovery from the operation and tired from lack of sleep other than that we are great. I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope my daughter's birth story will be of some inspiration to all of you as so many of yours have been to me.

-Amber

Last edited by sweeterthan; 01-06-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Mia Rayne's Birth Story (December)

Wow Amber, congratulations! Glad to hear everything turned out great. Enjoy your new little one!

Old 01-07-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
(female)

feb06baby HB User
Re: Mia Rayne's Birth Story (December)

So happy for you!! What a great birth story. Congrats!

Closed Thread