It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

gsxrgirl HB User
Smile First timers?

Hi! I'm 8 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. I was wondering if there were other first timers out there, maybe even with August due dates? I am very excited and nervous and would love to compare symptoms and feelings. I feel very fortunate tohave gotten pregnant so fast... we just started trying the beginning of November. I hope everyone is doing well and really look forward to hearing from other new Mommies-to-be!!! Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

binker HB User
Talking Re: First timers?

Hi there Michelle. I'm a first-timer too. Due date August 19th.
Yourself?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
(female)

belle0513 HB User
Re: First timers?

Hi I am a first timer. I am due June 8, 2006. I am 18 weeks and 2 days. It feels like yesterday though that I was 8 weeks. Very excited. I wasnt as lucky as you to get pregnant so easy. We had a rough time. It took us 3 years but now it has finially happened and I am so happy. DH had virocecele veins in his left testicle but he had the surgery and after 5 months of the surgery I got pregnant! We get to find out what we are having Jan. 25th. So EXCITED!! Can't wait. Hope everyone is doing just great!!!!! And congrats to everyone!!!!!

~Rach~
Married 12/29/2001
Baby #1 Due 06/08/2006

Old 01-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

binker what a lucky day the 19th is my birthday this is my first long pg as i had a previous m/c but will be my first born child i am due 30th march so counting down being a 1st timer is well scarey but exciting

Old 01-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

Welcome darlin' and congrats! I am also a first time mommie and it took my dh and I seven months to get pregnant! I'm due March 22nd and it's a boy. It's very excited and make sure you take birth classes, I had a one day class today and it was VERY interested. I also read alot of pregnancy mags so keep that in mind. THey are packed with information. CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
(female)

1st4me HB User

hello! I am also a 1st timer and am due March 18. We decided not to find out the sex and leave it for a surprise. Have had some very tough and some very exciting times so far...at this point I am getting extra excited about the birth itself! This pregnancy thing sure is a learning process!!!!!

all the best

Old 01-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
(female)

gsxrgirl HB User

Great to hear from you all! My due date is August 20... just a day after yours binker! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing good. Hope to hear more about your dr. appointments and anything else you care to share about your journeys to motherhood! I wish I could fast forward to the summer sooooooo excited! I haven't gone to my first appointment yet though..... Is it true you get TONS on blood work done in the beginning? I am like a 5 year old when I have to get blood drawn! It's so pathetic!!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

This is my first time also. I am currently 26 weeks and I am due on April 9th with a baby girl, Alexa. I haven't experiened much pregnancy symptoms during this pregnancy. From week 6 to 8 I had some mild nausea and recently I have some rib pain but overall it isn't bad. The worst part of pregnancy for me was being too big for pre-pregnancy clothes and too small for the smallest maternity clothes. I wanted to look somewhat pregnancy and it seems to take a long time to get to the point where people can tell.

Old 01-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

GSX,
I personally didn't have alot of blood drawn in the beginning, maybe twice. The first time they did take A LOT of blood out, but I was only stuck with the needle once and they kept switching out tubes. I go to a military hospital and I am not sure if there are any differences, but I also volunteer for all the tests to be on the safe side. I also don;t like my blood drawn and I usually get sweaty, lightheaded, but I let the tech know and they usually distract me by asking alot of questions and then it is done. No worries.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

Congrats to you all, I too am a 1st time mommy due August 24th! So far I've just been nauseous...when I get too hungry...tired, my bb's are pretty tender and some of my pants are starting to get uncomfortable, probably b/c of the bloating.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:32 AM   #11
(female)

LauraC123 HB User

I'm a 1st timer! I just found out 2 days ago that I'm pregnant. I have not been to the doctor yet, so don't have a due date, but I'm assuming late August to early September. This is completely unexpected and I'm very, very excited but nervous of course! I'm estimating that I'm about 5 - 6 weeks pregnant. My husband and I were not TTC and my cycles are so irregular. A gyno even told me I was not ovulating during my cycles, so I never expected to even be able to get pregnant. I am kind of in a daze!!

So far my symptoms have been nausea, dizziness, sore BBs, and cramps that felt just like menstrual cramps. This morning and last night I've felt a little bloated, too.

I'm hoping to get into the Dr early this week.

Last edited by LauraC123; 01-08-2006 at 06:34 AM.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

Hello....It is my first pregnancy also. I'm about 8 weeks. I just found out 4 days ago. We were trying to conceive for about a year. I wanted to get prego more then anything in this world, and now that I am, I've been scared and worried ever since. I wish I could feel the excitement all of you are feeling. Hopefully it will come later in my cycles...

I've been nausiated and very tired...sucks cause I will be a working mom and I'm not looking forward to juggling work and the baby.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #13
(female)

LauraC123 HB User

here4support,

I have wanted to be a mom more than anything too but had believed it just wasn't going to happen for me because of my cycles (I would go months without a period, and when it finally came would only last a day or two). It was a devastating thought. My husband and I also TTC ~2 years ago for about a year and were unsuccessful. Even though this pregnancy was not planned, I also thought it was impossible and so I'm also scared and worried. Every cramp I get I run into the bathroom to make sure I'm not bleeding. I am very excited, but also very scared that it's too good to be true. So, you're not alone there!

Laura

Old 01-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #14
(female)

l.simmons12345 HB User
Red face Re: First timers?

i just found out on friday that im pregnant. so far just a little cramping and really tired. my first dr.appt is on tues, im a little nervous. im guessing that im due around aug-sept. only complaint that i have is that my b-friend didnt take the news so well, we werent trying, he had a major anxeity attack, not to mention he told me this pregnancy could kill him? anyone have any advice on how to deal with him?

Closed Thread