It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Noah Daniel is here!!

Hi Guys! I'm so sorry I haven't written yet. It's been so crazy over here.

Noah arrived on December 29th at 8:06 am. We had a scheduled c-section and everything went according to plan. The epidural was horrible for me and left a huge black bruise on my back, it's still there. Something must have not gone right.

Anyway, Noah is PERFECT! He opened his eyes and was very alert on the first day, and even gave us a smile He's very happy and content. He latched on immediately, but breastfeeding hasn't been easy. He is truly our bundle of joy.

I have to go for now, I'll post more later. There's more to tell!!

Old 01-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Noah Daniel is here!!

Congratulations!!!! What a happy little baby~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
(female)

sweeterthan HB User

Congrats on your new bundle of joy! I look forward to hearing more about the birth. I too had a c-section.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

When we left the hospital (we got to leave one day early because we were doing well) he was a little jaundiced, but it has pretty much cleared up over the course of his first week of life. But he hadn't gained any weight since we left the hospital, so his doctor was having us supplement formula, which I didn't want to do. But it's for his own good. We just took him back to the doctor (his third trip since he was born) and he has gained three ounces!! YAY!!

I've already started pumping for when I'm away from him and that seems to be going well. So far, there has been NO nipple confusion like I read about. He will take anything that gives out milk!! He is our little man!! He is changing everyday. I love looking into his eyes, it's the most amazing feeling in the world!!

Old 01-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Congratulations How did your cesarean go?

Old 01-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

It went great! There were no complications and I was walking by the next morning. It really helps when you have great nurses to help you. Mine gave me leg massages! That was cool! This c-section was a much better recovery for me then the last one. I have been taking walks around the neighborhood and I'm only 9 days postpartum. I've been doing it for days now. I have taken no pain medication and I didn't take any after the second day at the hospital.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

Congratulations!!

I found it a great idea to have our sons have one bottle a day of breat milk or water. We did this every day and it was great that someone else could give the bottle and when it was time to wean, it was no issue at all. Both boys went to all bottle easily as they were already used to it.

Cheers! Barbara

Old 01-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

Congrats dear! I'm so happy everything went well!

<3

ANd if it makes you feel better, my son lost a few ozs when he was born....but boy did he gain it back (and then some!) So don't worry....one day you will be asking yourself...was he ever THAT small?

Old 01-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

CONGRATULATIONS mommie-2b

It sounds like Noah's arrival went without a hitch... fantastic!!!! I wonder if there is anymore December mommies still expecting (and overdue....)

Baby Abigail and I managed to leave the hospital on christmas day which was nice but what an exhausting day!!!!

I hope you're looking after yourself. WELL DONE both of you...

Jen
New mom to Abigail Kirsten 23rd Dec

Old 01-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #10
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Congrats Mommie-2-be! That's great! I think you said you had a daughter? Is she loving being a big sis? Congrats again!

Old 01-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy, how ispumping going any advice for when i start?

Old 01-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

My hubby's name is Noah! Good choice!!!! Never met a Noah in my life until I met him and just fell inlove with the name! ))

Congratulations! ))

Old 01-09-2006, 04:27 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Hi - you mentioned that you had a Big Black bruise from the epidural -
did you for sure have an epidural or a spinal block? And did they put the catheter in AFTER the epidural/spinal?

Old 01-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Here's the answers to your questions

-My DH and I had a child 7 years ago when I was 17 that we gave up for adoption. This is our first child to bring home, but my second delivery. There have been so many emotions, I can't even describe them!!

-I did have an epidural and not a spinal and they put my cathter in after, and I didn't feel a thing. It was great!!!

-Pumping is going great! I have the Medela handheld and the first time it took me an hour to get 2 ounces, but now it's taking about 15 minutes to get 3 ounces. It just takes a bit of time for the milk to fully come in. My DS is having no problems taking my nipple after a bottle, and I'm very encouraged by that. His pediatrician told me not to listen to the whole "nipple confusion" theory because I was really upset when he told me I had to supplement formula. He was right! I'm not sure if it's the same for every baby. Pumping did hurt the first couple of times, but it's much easier now. It's not comfortable by any means though!!

I'll be happy to answer any questions!!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #15
(male)

dad_2b HB User

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I am so thrilled for you.

Closed Thread