It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

jodyaskey HB User
Unhappy [B]HCG levels not doubling, miscarriage?[/B]

I need some advice... my doctor is not being very helpful with explaining whats going on other then i am eventually going to miscarry my baby.

LMP- 11/18/2005
HCG levels taken:
12/15/2005: 4 (just barely preggo according to my doc) but i'd think i'd have a higher level by now.
I started cramping mildly and bleeding on 11/23/2005 so they rechecked my HCG level and it was at 11.

I was told its still rising and not to worry. Things like this happen all the time. Well, it started happening again on 12/30/2005. My HCG level was now 23 and they wanted to recheck it again after the holidays 48 hrs apart.

Again i started mild cramping and spotting.
01/03/2006 my levels were 43
01/05/2006 my levels were ONLY 53.

My doctors calls and says this is going to turn into a miscarriage and to prepare myself. She can give me medication for the pain if i want. Thats all that was said other then there is nothing she can do and nature will just take its course.

According to my LMP i'd think my numbers should be much higher then 53. I feel pregnant. I am cramping only a very little every once and a while and i am only spotting a little. I am not filling a large pad within an hour. Only a few drops in the entire day.

Can someone tell me something other then what my doctor is telling me. She is not explaining to me what is going on. This is my first pregnancy, and i have only been of the Pill since 10/23/2005 after being on it for 8+ years.

As of today i am still spotting bright red blood. but i still feel very pregnant and very bloated.

Last edited by jodyaskey; 01-07-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: HCG levels not doubling, miscarriage?

Unfortunately, it does not look good. I had issues with my HCG not doubling in the beginning and my doc told me the same thing and then, BAM, they just started rising.

I was not spotting through this entire thing, and the fact that you are bleeding bright red blood, even a small amount, is not a good sign.

I hope that you get the miracle that I was fortunate enough to receive.

The only explanation that they can come up with, is that I was POSSIBLY pregnant with twins and lost one very early. Who knows???? I guess I will never know for sure. I surely feel blessed for the little boy growing in me.

Good luck to you and lots of sticky baby dust!!!!

Amy

Old 01-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: HCG levels not doubling, miscarriage?

hi jody
in my first pg i never had my levels checked but i had bleeding that started brown and then went red and i lost stringy clots tmi but my blood loss was not very heavy at all. i first had quite bad af cramps before the bleeding started then mor e painul stabbing pains later. i had a u/s 4 days after the bleeding started and i had a complete m/c all came away. i posted my symptoms so you understand what some of the worrying signs of m/c may be. i hope that things go well but your levels sound very low to me. i know there are many reasons for bleeding in pg and i hope your reason is not m/c. sending lots of sticky baby dust and hope things turn out positive for you take care you are in my thoughts

Closed Thread