It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Question Can baby turn so you Don't Feel the kicks so much???

I am 33 weeks along - and on Wed. my baby was VERY active way more so than usual at the Doc's office because they hooked me up to the monitor for contractions and she doesn't like it....

Anyway - Wed. night she was still kicking and poking my stomach etc. - thursday and friday she was VERY quiet.... not her normal BIG kicks etc. do you think she was turned with her back toward my stomach?

Today after a bumpy car ride - she seems to have turned back and I can feel her kick a little more again - just wondering what you all thought....

Thanks... Friday

Old 01-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User
Re: Can baby turn so you Don't Feel the kicks so much???

I've had such a difficult time with movements my whole pregnancy. I STILL worry because I just don't feel as much movement as other people. I found out at my 37 week ultrasound that my placenta is in the front which has a lot to do with this. I've noticed that my baby's movements are pretty mellow, but are consistent. Then there are days where s/he is moving all over the place... just crazy. I love it so much because I'm reassured all day long that everything is ok. It's always tough though because the baby eventually goes back to it's regular movement which I perceive as a DECREASE even though it's really not. If you are really worried, talk to your doctor about it. I can normally make myself feel better by doing kick counts. I drink a tall glass of OJ (well, I had to give that up a few weeks back because of heartburn) or a Coke, lay on my back, put my hands on my belly & count 10 movements. As long as you get 10 within 1-2 hours, everthing is fine. I usually get mine within the first 30 minutes or so. (( I guess because my placenta is in the front, I can feel movements much better with my hands than by just perception )).

Oh yeah - as far as BIG kicks - those DO start slowing down... right about where you are at. As long as you are still getting movements, dont' worry if they aren't as big. They turn into more of a squirm/roll/stretch type thing... but you'll still get a couple of big ones from time to time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

This happened to me. I couldn't feel anything so they told me to do the movement test. Drink something sweet and lay down for 2 hours or until I feel 10 movements. Different doctors have different tests to do. Anyway, I did this and could barely feel the kicks, so he did turn so I couldn't feel as much. Do the fetal movement test, if you don't feel the movements then call your doctor. Make sure to have no TV or radio so you can concentrate. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't have felt them they were so light. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy, so there were no problems.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

I'm glad you posted this friday, because I was about to do a post asking when the movement starts to slow down. I'm just shy of 34 weeks like you and he's been pretty quiet lately (past few days). I still get my 10 kicks in about 15 minutes, but they're not really kicks anymore, it's more like just squirming around in there. I get really worried with this medication I'm on sometimes. I'll have a day where he drives me crazy and I can't sleep he's moving so much and then, like yesterday and this morning, hardly anything. I spose it's possible that he's moving his body front to back like you suggested because at their size now it would make sense that if they moved they would stay there for a day or two.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Thanks ladies! I think she turned this afternoon... back to facing "the outside world" instead of facing my spine... That must be what she was doing - facing my spine for a couple of days - because she is going crazy again.

The peace was nice (physically speaking) but emotionally you are ALL so right - it makes you worry so much when the kicks or movements are light or they slow down so much you feel like they almost stopped. Even drinking hot tea or freezing cold water - coke etc. wasn't working that well - the movements were so light.

But, now I know what she is up to in there! facing forward... or facing backward. Little stinker! Driving her mom crazy already with worry! Thank you so much for your posts! XXOO Friday

Old 01-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

I was JUST about to post something about this but saw your post and thought I would respond. Although I LOVE feeling my little guy moving around, it is starting to hurt and keep me up all night. Last night, as soon as I was about to drift off to sleep he would do a roundhouse on my rib cage and I would jump! He was SOO overly active last night I was starting to worry about him. I am currently 31 weeks along.

When do they want you to start doing kick counts?

Old 01-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Some Docs have you do kick counts and some don't... It used to be common practice but the babies change so much from when they are "usually" active.... etc. that some Dr's have decided to not have women do this - only when they feel the baby is not moving much etc. do they have them eat.... lay down etc. ...

Closed Thread