It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #1

PinkGLoss HB User
2 much milk?

Can you drink 2 much milk while you're pregnant? I crave milk all the time. It's like all i've been drinking is MILK,water, and OJ.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
Veteran

rach12 HB User
Re: 2 much milk?

I sure hope not. That is all I drink plus water and oj. I am curious to see the answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #3

lil'momma HB User

Hi, when I was pregnant all I drank was milk, water , and o.j. also. However I gained a ton of weight. I think it was because I drank whole milk though. My baby was almost 9 lbs. and he was very strong as a baby and now at 2 yrs. old. I think it is good for you, next time I will drink 2% and eat more fruit instead of so much juice( juice has alot of calories too)

Old 01-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #4

lil'momma HB User

oops I almost forgot , I have actually had people tell me before that I shouldn't have drank milk while pregnant and eat cheese , deli meats, and stuff like that. (but I did, and my doctor had told me I could eat anything I wanted but if it were fish , to only eat about 2 servings a week and if it were deer meat to make sure it was cooked very very well , that was the only things he said anything at all about.)

Old 01-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

my sister drank a gallon of milk a day while pregnant (what the health dept told her to do)...I warned her that it was way too much., that it would cause her to gain too much weight..but she refused to listen to me. she ended up extremely obese during pregnancy....(she is 5' tall and weighed 200 pounds at the time) got high blood pressure, and was at high risk for a stroke, and had signs of pre-eclampsia...so they had to do an emergency c-section a month early.....for her health sake as well as the babys. so.....i would be careful about how much milk you drink. i dont know if the milk caused all the problems....but i do know that it will cause you to put on weight real fast!!! if you just HAVE to drink tons of milk...i would go with skim milk...as it is fat free.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it or not....but my sisters daughter is milky white....i chuckle with myself (and with no one else) thinking that her daughter is milky white because of all the milk she received through her mom while in the womb! healthwise though, you really do need to be careful. weight is hard to keep under control during pregnancy...and you really dont want to do anymore than necessary that will cause you to gain more than you should. (i know all too well, i gained 60 pounds with both of my girls!!) Luckily, I was able to shed most of it....keeping it off is the hardest!! Good luck

Old 01-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
Veteran

rach12 HB User

Well I drink about 3 cups a day and about 3 bowels of cereal but I do not drink the milk after I eat the cereal. I use 2%. I did use whole in the beginning because my m/s was so bad cereal was all I could stand with the small exception of other stuff. Yes I think I will slow down though just because of the weight gain. Thanks

Closed Thread