It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Question Probably a pretty stupid question..

The past few weeks I've found when I have to urinate really bad, I feel alot of pressure, like braxton hicks. Then after I go, it increases a little bit. I'm just wondering but does anyone else feel pressure like that? I was in the office today for some lab work and mentioned it to another nurse who didn't really seem to care, kind of shrugged me off.. I'm just wondering if anyone else has or has had this.

(I'm 30 weeks)

Last edited by soon2bmommy; 01-09-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
(female)

TeresaAnn21 HB User
Re: Probably a pretty stupid question..

I have I am 33 weeks now and I do the same thing I feel alot of presure down there....I have no clue really I didnt ask my docter what was the reason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I am 27 weeks and beginning today again I have frequent urination again! The pressure to go is very strong and even after I go, the pressure is right back and I feel as if I could go again less than 2 minutes later.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

You feel more pressure after you pee? I have to go about every 45 minutes, and sometimes get a little uncomfortable if I have to hold it for some reason, but usually feel much better after I go. Maybe the baby's head is sitting on your bladder--mine did that for a few weeks--isn't that nice of them!? LOL

Old 01-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #5
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I get braxton hicks when I have to go the the bathroom really bad. The doctor said that is normal, mine tend to go away after I have used the bathroom.
Meg

Old 01-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Orange I am as BAD as you are! my babe has been heads down since about 27 weeks or so - and its terrible.... its funny because her head is down and feet are up - so when she drops down a little (my Ribs and upper abs are lovin' it) but then my bladder is suffering horribly....

So I am either in constant aggrivation not able to bend or do anything - or in the bathroom all the time. I hate even going to the store - its rediculous.

I go pee when I get there - I get the cart and head half way to the back of the store with some items in the cart and yep - gotta head back up front to go pee again - and then I have to pee after I pay but then I am alone and paid for items... so I just hold it till I put it in the car and back in the store again .... its that bad...

so I try not to drink much before I run an errand and then drink a TON of water once I am somewhere I can pee all the time.. its terrible. 33 weeks.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I always got braxton hicks when I had to urinate and while I was going. Its normal. I never went into premature labor or had any problems from this.

Your nurse shouldn't shrug you off, though. Anytime I had what I thought was a stupid question, my nurse always answered me and respected my concern. That is their job. Their job is to answer your questions regardless.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

Same here. I feel intense pressure when I have to go, like I had been holding it for hours, then when I go it is not a lot at all. I also have Braxton Hicks when I have to go as well. This tends to happen more in the evenings for me. Sometimes I get a Braxton Hicks and "think" i have to go to the bathroom, but then when I go nothing comes out!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyfoxy
Your nurse shouldn't shrug you off, though. Anytime I had what I thought was a stupid question, my nurse always answered me and respected my concern. That is their job. Their job is to answer your questions regardless.

Thank goodness it wasn't my nurse.. I would have complained my butt off.. I was in the lab for test results and grabbed a nurse walking by. I thought she could've been a little more friendly, but oh well.

Thanks for all the replies, glad to know I'm not the only one with this.. And I have noticed like someone posted, it's more at nite than in the daytime. I wasn't worried about premature labor or anything, although since I went through that once, every little thing has been worrying me. Thanks

Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i have frequent bh's and often if i wee it brings relief from the bh.

Closed Thread