It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User
C-Section question

I am going to have a c-section, the kind they are doing on me will be a cut from the navel down instead of above the bikini line,

What i am afraid of is my stomach going to be saggy after this? I know I need to exercise but I see so many women who complain after having this procedure done they can never get thier stomach back because they cut through the muscle.

Anyone else here had this kind of c-section done and what happened after?

Old 01-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User
Re: C-Section question

i had the other way and i am still saggy. i was not very big pre or during pregnancy. and even with the bikini line it was a good 6 weeks before i could even BEGIN excersize.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

did they say why they are doing your incision that way?

dh22 - were you able to go for small walks starting in your second week at least? I am curious because I am having a section in Feb.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I'm curious about why your incision is going to be that way. Usually that's not planned, only in an emergency type of situation.

I was able to go on walks around my neighborhood the day I got home. I also do neck lifts, and that helps tighten the area. How you do it is lay flat on your bed and simply lift your head a few inches. It sounds silly, but it really works! I used this with my last c-section too.

But, your tummy will never be the same, no matter what. I hate to say so

Last edited by Mommie-2-B; 01-10-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I had my section in November. I took walks in the hall as soon as they removed the catheter and IV (the 2nd day) and I continued to walk around a bit at home. It really helps with your recovery.

I too don't understand why they are doing your incision vertically. They did that in the "old" days of sections unless its an emergency. Your's is obviously planned so why aren't they doing the bikini cut? If you are concerned about your incision, I would get a second opinion. There really should be no reason for them to cut you that way. Is your doctor a bit older?

Old 01-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

well that is encouraging ladies! I will for sure do the "neck" lifts hee hee! I think after pregnancy it takes ALOT of work to get your "body" back or for some in better shape than you were before - because some of us were out of shape to start!

I am excited to be able to walk with out a baby inside!

Old 01-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Roxy, I walked around the hospital too! That's a really good suggestion. It makes recovery very easy!! I was able to leave a day early because everything was going so well!!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

They are doing the incision that way because I had another one at 6 months and it was an emergency. I have a fibroid that's the sizu of a baseball and they said if they would have cut me the other way I would have bleed to death. So this time they have to do the incision the same way.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Okay, now I am a bit confused. I thought this was your first section. If you had one before, why would you ask if your belly will sag? They did the same incision last time, correct? Did your belly not sag from that one?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyfoxy
Okay, now I am a bit confused. I thought this was your first section. If you had one before, why would you ask if your belly will sag? They did the same incision last time, correct? Did your belly not sag from that one?
I'm lost too...

Old 01-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

The first time was an emergency, I only was just 6 months. i wasnt that big and I lost the baby. This time will be different and I will be a good 9 months.

Yes the first time didnt leave a sag, it took about 3 months to get back to normal but that's it. I will be much bigger this time. I am afraid of having the sag.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Okay, I follow you now! I have a sag near my incision, but it's the bikini kind. Maybe someone will shed some light on the vertical incision.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #13

lil'momma HB User

I think that every woman just tends to sag at least a little after a baby regardless of a c-sec. or not. I had a c-sec also(bikini cut) , I think I sag because I got so huge and all that skin stretched out. I think it all just depends on how big you get , I guess probably with a c-sec it just takes longer because of the muscle. I don't know about the other kind of cut, maybe that kind of cut wouldn't take as long to get the tummy back into shape because I don't think there are as many muscles there.

Closed Thread