It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
anyone??

I posted on the ttc conceive board, but apparently no one knows the answer, so thought I would try the pg board, where someone might have actually experienced this.

I am not actually ttc...i have endometriosis, and feel that its not possible for me to conceive, as hubby and i havent used protection in 10 years, and nothing has happened....even though when i had a lap done 2 years ago, the dr found no reason for me not to be able to conceive. (luckily i already have 2 girls)

The obvious answer to my question is to take a test..however, I have wasted so much money over the years, that I refuse to jump to conclusions and buy yet another test. So here is how things are with me:

Had a period Dec 5th. had sex with hubby Dec. 18th, 19th and 31st. My cycle runs anywhere between 24-33 days. On the 31st, shortly after I ate, I got very nauseaous...felt like I had a gallon of water in me...vomited just a touch. I didnt think too much of it, as I sometimes get nauseated prior to my period. I started my period again January 1st. My period has changed over the last couple of years, so I cant really say what is "normal". Prior to the change, I would bleed moderately on day 1 and 2..nothing on day 3..then resume for day 4-6 moderately. It was like that since I started my period when I was 13 and am now 33 years old. Now, it bounces all over the place...and never know if it will be light, moderate, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, or 6 days long..never more than 6 days. This go round, on day 1...it was real light, day 2 was a touch more, and bled moderately on day 3. nothing on day 4 or 5....very light spotting on day 6. Nothing at all on day 7. On day 8, I went to potty and there was a touch of blood/discharge on my panties..which I thought was possible "leftover" period fluid that made its way out...or questionable implantation?? but i didnt think that was possible..so i went more with leftover fluid that drained. long about day 11..(wednesday) that evening after supper..i all of a quick sudden, got severely constipated....thought that was real odd...felt so miserable. but woke at 3 am with a very good bm (sorry tmi)...so thought "whew, not constipated now!" the next day, i was ok...but the same thing happened...felt badly constipated right after supper.....again, miserable...woke again at 3 am.....with a good bm. now i am wondering what the heck is wrong with me!!! the next 2 days, i was fine...no bm's...but felt fine. then on sunday....felt badly constipated again...so took meds, which kinda helped....but got better as the day went on. (meaning, medicine didnt provide much results, but, the feeling of being constipated got better). all week last week, i felt soooooo weak and soooo tired, dont know why...had occasional bouts of nausea..but no vomiting. just didnt feel good at all.

so far, feel pretty good this week....however, today, i started hurting as i do when i am a week or so away from starting af....but thats not possible, cause it just ended last week. backache and bruised feeling, full feeling in my lower abdomen and bloated..swelled like i am 8 months pg (thats the way endo makes you feel and do).

now...my question.......should i be concerned about being pg??? should i wait to see what next month brings?? i am just trying to make sense of what is happening to me....as i have never experienced this before. can anyone help me? thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: anyone??

It sounds like you could be pregnant after all. I understand why you wouldnt want to go out and buy a test. but i think with all these other symptoms a trip to the doctor would be even better. You could get a pg blood test and if you arent then you and your doctor can find out why this is happening to you. Maybe it could be a case of IBS? I really wouldnt wait until next month to see what happens because if you are pregnant you will need to start on prenatals and get good care right away and if you waited until next month you will be around 2 months already. I really wish you luck and hope that you get the answer you want. You'll be in my thoughts. take care

Old 01-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #3

jriegel HB User

if you can wait a week or two, sometimes the blood tests don't register right away. i thought i was pregnant, had a blood test at my dr.s office, came back negative, he scheduled my laporoscopic surgery anyway (same thing as you) and about 4 or 5 days before the surgery my period still hadn't come. went to take another test - i was right all along. then he freaked me out and said it might be ectopic because of possible endometriosis, first test coming back negative, etc, etc. and i had to do three more blood tests, every other day (my arms were SO sore and bruised!) and turned out just fine. I'm 19 weeks now, a week away from half way baked

good luck on whatever outcome you are looking for.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

my guess is that i am not pg. why do i now say that? well, the night before last, i decided to get my thermometer out. Unfortunately, it was late, and couldnt find the basal thermometer..so I settled for the regular thermometer. (I have just now found the basal thermometer, so will do it again in the am)......but when I temped yesterday morning with the regular thermometer....temp was 97.8. I have no idea what my coverline is...I charted for 2 or 3 months....it was different each month, and 2 out of 3 months (i done the online charting) it changed my ovulation date, so thought I had "perfect timing"...but when all was said and done, i missed the timing because it was wrong. Soooo, I just decided that I could "guess" just as well as anyone! It has been awhile since I temped, so not sure of anything.

Can you be pregnant with temps that low? Do temps ALWAYS rise and STAY high if you are pg? (Am wondering if women can be different in this area, as they are with pg symtoms....ex some experience breast soreness....some dont...so am wondering if temps are high with each and every pregnancy regardless) This question might be the "cheapest" way to find out if pregnancy is actually possible...if its true that your temps MUST be high if you are pg.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Hi ladybug...I have suffered from endo for several years now and I never thought I could get pregnant. When I actually did, I had three short periods in a span of a month and a half. I was apparently pregnant during that time. I had what I thought were my normal endo pains, but it turns out that they were the stretching pains that pregnancy brings. Needless to say, I was 8 weeks preggo before I found out.

I know this doesn't answer your questions, but it should be some encouragement to you!!

Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

i just went back and looked to find my previous coverlines....only found 2 months...one was 97.85...the other was 98.10. with ovulation days of 14 and 18...luteal phases were 13 and 11 days. (Is this normal for everything to be so different??) I am going to say that the odds are that I am not pregnant...just dealing with more changes!!! But, I have also just read where some women do not experience temp changes even though they were pg. So...still questionable! Having endo makes everything complicated!!

Mommie2b........I am so happy for you that endo didnt take away your ability to conceive. Not many are fortunate like that. I have heard a few times that endo pains can be confused with pregnancy signs....so...who knows?? Hard to believe that one can feel like they are having the normal endo pains and symptoms....just to learn that they were pg!! Each month I just "know" pg didnt happen because of the pain,etc....guess I cant truly rely on that, huh? I think I am going to wait it out and just see how things go. If symptoms increase or persist, then I just may buy that test afterall. Just wanted to see what others thoughts were and if anyone has ever experienced things that I have. Thanks to all.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

when i got pregnant my temps werent "high". Mine usually varied but i know they were from 97s and 98s when i tested and got a bfp. i dont know if they got higher than that but i tested at 10dpo and stopped tempting at 13dpo and it never really got higher. Keep us posted and take care!!

Old 01-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

i just ended my curiosity.....i bought a test this morning.......not pregnant. so i dont know what is going on with me. if it persists, guess i will go to the dr. i feel soooo bloated, and feel like i am so close to starting af.....but in know thats not possible, as it just ended last week. maybe the things i am experiencing now is pre-ovulatory pains.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #9

jriegel HB User

lady bug, if you haven't been completely consistent with your charting it's difficult to say if you're pregnant or not based on that alone. you ovulation date will never be the EXACT same day or time frame every month. it varies due to stress, diet, physical exercise, illness and all those things affecting your hormones. it is perfectly normal for the time frame to vary by a day or two or a couple of days.

just to give you a heads up, i took three home pregnancy tests before i got a positive one, and even then it was incredibly faint. i would wait a week and then go to the dr. and get a blood test done. or just wait to see if your period comes or not.

Closed Thread