It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

Ksoup798 HB User
Periods and stress

I know people say that your periods can be jacked up if you are stressed--but is this REALLY true? Also, can it cause them to be lighter? Does this apply when you are on the pill? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #2
(female)

Aalyisha HB User
Re: Periods and stress

HI!

a while back i didnt get my period for 2 months and was convinced i was pregnant so i did like 3 tests...all negative and then i said to myeslf ..well seen as i am not worried anymore it wil just come...it didnt. then as i worked myself into a state about what may be wrong with me i went to the doctor who did a couple of tests (bloos tests etc) anyway while doing that she spoke to my about myself,whats being going on in my life etc and it wasnt untill then that i realised that i had been under alot a stress the last few months. i was advised to take a few days of work,try to sort out some problems i was having and most importantley..RELAX..sure enough i got my period toward the end of that week.

so what i am saying is..yes it is true! stress can cause your period to be delayed. it is because when you are under stress you may not be sleeping/eating properley and putting your body under pressure which can throw your normall cycle off course.

I guess that because you are posting on the pregnancy board you think you may be pregnant? do a test as even if you are stressed, wondering if you are pregnant is only going to cause you more stress so do a test, to put your mind at ease if nothing else..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 04:36 AM   #3
(female)

tiff20 HB User

my period was 7 days late so i thought i was pregnant. i had other symptoms as well... breasts getting really sore and bigger, i have to urinate quite often, certain smells make me nausea, and my favorite foods i can no longer eat, they make me sick. i also get cravings, usually for choc shakes and french fries or pickles and orange juice. i started my period last night and it is extremely heavy. i dont know if i started because im under a lot of stress or if its possible to get ur period while ur pregnant, it doesnt explain why im having the other symptoms. i took 3 home pregnancy tests already and they all came back negative. can anyone explain to me whats going on? i've never been pregnant before so i dont know what to look for. thankz.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
(female)

Ksoup798 HB User

See, I know you can be LATE when you are under stress, but mine is right on time. I keep freaking out that I am pregnant, and it has put a ton of stress on me. I want to know if ur period can be lighter from stress. Because mine is right on time (it has to be, because of the pill), but it is just SOOO light that I keep thinking I am preggo

Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

Maybe check the Birth Control board and see what they say there? How long have you been on the pill? If it is recent that you started it, your body may just be adjusting to the new cycle. When I was on the pill my period was very, very light, and only 3 days long. When off of the pill I am crazy heavy, and lasts for 10 days or more.

Closed Thread