It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
"Full" Kidney

I had an ultrasound today and everything looked good except one "full" kidney. The tech said it's not usually a big deal this late (almost 30 weeks), and even the radiologist didn't think it was a big deal.

She said they usually do an ultrasound of the baby once it's born (at about 6 weeks) just to be sure, but it's not something that needs correcting as it usually resolves on its own.

Has anyone heard of this? I've googled it for about an hour and nothing has come up.

Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User
Re: "Full" Kidney

When you say "full" kidney what exactly do you mean? Is that the term they used? My baby had a dialated kidney which is when urine is backed up into the kidney but the doc and everyone else didn't make that big of a deal about it either. They said the same thing about it being check about 6 weeks after they are born. It kind of freaked me out a bit and I don't know what to expect when she is born but it sounds like what my baby has. It is her left kidney. Let me know!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I don't know which one it is on our baby, but my doctor explained it much better to me (as opposed to the radiologist).

She said the samething, that the kidney isn't processing enough urine. She said a lot of times it corrects itself by birth, but if not she might need to be referred to a urologist, and that she just may be prone to bladder injections.

I haven't been able to find anything on the net about it.

Last edited by debating; 01-20-2006 at 02:15 PM.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

It sounds like my problem but that urine is actually backed up into her kidney. Who knows?? They haven't seemed too much more worried about it, and she said that it could take up to a year to correct itself on it's own. I just hope it isn't painful to her bc that would not make a very happy baby!! I guess it isn't life threatening though. Let me know if you get more research on it because I would like to know!

Old 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I found some more information. The name of the condition is pyelectases. You should be able to do an internet search for more info, but from everything I've read it seems fairly uncomplicated, and like the doctors said, it seems to clear up on its own.

Werid.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Hey thanks for the info! I read up on it and the doc never mentioned anything about possible down syndrome? Did you get any info on that? Every website I have went to has linked it with DS???

Closed Thread