It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User
overweight and pregnant

Hi, I know I have done alot of posting on here before but I still have the same problem Im 27 weeks pregnant and I still dont have that perfectly round belly I still have the fold in the middle does anyone else have this? Or is it just me I just look fat not pregnant and I hate that.. Does anyone know where theres pictures of whats normal and whats not?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
(female)

Aalyisha HB User
Re: overweight and pregnant

hi, i myself am not pregnant but my friend is 30 weeks and has this problem although it is now beginning to 'round itself out'. the pictures you see in the magazines etc of what a pregnant woman is 'supposed' to look like are just not the way things are...i mean if you were to believe what these say then you would be going around with a full face of makeup, immaculatley dressed, going for fine dinners, shopping till you drop for all your babys needs, re-decorating and fitting in like 5 hours of yoga a day..............now come on...JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!

I unserstand that it is probably a stressfull time for you and not looking how you want to probably doesnt make it any easier but as i said my friend has the same problems and has now decided..to hell with it, she is just going to enjoy her pregnancy regardless!!!

i know i am not pregnant so i dont fully understand how you are feeling but just go with. in the next few weeks i expect you will begin to round out.

FYI- im not 100% surre you are allowed to post web adresses on this site....but if you are concerned then why not ask your doctor?

Last edited by Aalyisha; 01-10-2006 at 01:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I'm 29 weeks, and still getting "the fold".. LOL

I did discover a MIRRICLE garment called the "belly bra". You might have to search around for a store that carries one, but it's a support type under garment for us pregger people. It's so comfy and holds me together, plus it smooths out that "fold" and gives me a more attractive belly under my maternity shirts. Best 60 bucks I ever spent.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:11 AM   #4

Tweetymommy HB User

I am overweight as well 235lbs when I found myself pregnant. This is my third term pregnancy and am now at 33 weeks. I expierienced the fold untill about where you are now. However I rounded very quickly after that and now there is no mistake that I am vary pregnant. I know how you feel wanting people to ask that question "when is the baby due?" but they seem afraid they might offend an overweight person. Don't fret your time is coming. You might also try different garments depending on the way they hang this can help give you the round belly.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

I am 30 weeks pregnant and still have it slightly. I asked my midwife about it and she said since my baby is laying sideways my tummy has yet to "fill out" the whole way, once he goes into position it will pop! Don't worry you are beautiful either way! I started to get frustrated bc my sister lost hers at like 20 weeks and I was jealous. But then again she's carrying alot higher then me. I do notice though when I stand up you can see a big ol' belly as bright as day!

Old 01-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Im 36 weeks and it is clear that Im pregnant to everyone but you still get the odd person that just isnt sure I suppose, I do get the fold when I sit down, but when Im standing up it is obvious Im pregnant...If you dont mind me asking what is your weight? I got pregnant at 246lbs but I carry really spread out , its not a round 246lbs ya know anyway~ Dont worry what matters is that your baby is healthy

Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I would say it depends on how much fat you have on your stomach. You said your sister rounded out, so maybe soon you will also. Do you feel like you will eventually? Or do you feel like your not going to round out at all? I agree with the other poster who suggested trying a belly band and different cuts of clothing that will accentuate it. I wear tight camisoles tanks under my shirts because it gives me a smoother look.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

Im 230 lbs.. I dont feel like its going to pop out anytime soon I have more fat in the upper part of the stomach lately but Im carrying my baby low so I dont understand that one at all.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

Denise98 I am carrying low also, so maybe it will take longer for you to lose it. I didn't have much belly fat before I pregnant. If this is your first I'm not suprised it's taking longer. It's my first and I expected this! I have my favorite pair of pants that makes my "line" disappear and my belly is VERY round. Try different types of materinty clothes to see which is best for you! You'll get there eventually, DONT WORRY!!

Closed Thread