It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Weight gain and pregnancy

I have a question, when I got pregnant I was overweight to begin with, I have followed a very strict diabetic diet and have not gained a pund until this morning, I got on the scale and in teh last 2 weks I have gined 5 lbs...Im 36 weeks along, is this normal or should I be concerned that it is 5 lbs in a two weeks period? My eating habit changed ever so slightly and Im not really swollen, I mean I can wear my wedding ring but Id rather not, so I dont think Im retaining too much water, just wanted some input if 5lbs in a two weeks time frame is too much

Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Weight gain and pregnancy

hi valerie
i would think a 5 pound weight gain at 36 weeks is very little anyway, of course it may be due to water retention, and water weighs heavy anyway thus explaining why 5 pounds in 2 weeks. just think if it is water after giving birth you will weigh less than you began with, lucky devil i already gained 20 pounds at 29 weeks although i was not overweight before pg. good luck with the count down to your new arrival i am jealous i still have ages to wait

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: Weight gain and pregnancy

I don't think so 5 pounds in two weeks is bad, you have made it very far and have been disciplining yourself wich can be very hard to do. The baby just may be getting very big now or maybe it is water retention. I think I am retaining water but I think it distributes well over my body where one certain area doesn't get bloated or swollen. I feel horrible about myself. I was small to begin with and I am 27 weeks and I have gained 27 pounds, It is my fault because even though I kept myself moving throughout the pregnancy and ate well I also overindulged myself too. A week ago I put myself back on a strict healthy diet and as much candy as I eat any normal day pregnant or not I am have been able to resist and I feel good. Sounds like you are doing well and you are committed, stay with it!

Closed Thread