It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
36w3days...1 cm dilated!

Hi girls,

I had my first internal and am shocked to find out that I am 1 cm dilated and that my mucous plug is gone! I never really saw it? The doctor just seemed really happy and I said, well, shouldn't I have lost my mucous plug if I'm already dilated and she said, "Yep, it's gone! I can feel the baby's head!" I'm just a little freaked out by this and was wondering what you all thought about this kind of progress. I mean, I know I could walk around for weeks like this, but, do you think this could be a sign that I will go before my due date of February 4th? I've been having stabbing pains "down there" and especially right in my backside and tailbone. Very uncomfortable, but the doctor said that was the baby moving down and my cervix dilating. Let me know your thoughts/experiences with this! Anyone else around 36 weeks with same progress?? Thanks!

Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Re: 36w3days...1 cm dilated!

I had the same thing happen to me with my first, I was 1 cm at my first internal at 36 weeks, I did have my baby 5 days early by my last internal which was the day before she was born I was 4 cm. I think it is a great thing to be dialating I found that that slight progression an a daily basis made getting to 5 cm a breeze that is what I was when I got to the hospital baby was born in 4 hours Ihope that happens again. I wish you good luck keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Ill let you know on Thursday, I have my first internal, either way I have a scheduled scetion so I dont think it will mean much for me

Old 01-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Val you are scheduled Jan 20th right?

Old 01-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

I found that when I started feeling the stabbing pains, and it started to get almost unbearably uncomfortable to sleep, I went into labor 1 1/2 weeks later... Also, my contractions started very close together and painful. a lot of people say they are far apart and not so painful to start. I guess it is different for everyone, but if i had to predict, I would say you would go a little before your due date

Old 01-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13
Val you are scheduled Jan 20th right?
Im scheduled for the 31st but if you have a feeling its the 20th better for me, lmao

Old 01-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User

Thanks for the replies! I will keep you all posted. I'm still having lots of pressure, pains, and lots of braxton hicks. I have my next internal Monday, so we'll see! Thanks again! Annie

Old 01-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #8
(female)

Border3899 HB User

I'll tell you for me, i was dialated to a one and was told i had to go back to the hospital because they were going to induce me due to the baby being small. That night i got back to the hospital and i was already dialated to a two and one hour later i was dialated to a three with no inducing medication. When i was at a 3 the doctor came in and broke my water, things just started happening on their own, they were shocked with how quickly i went from 1 to 3.

Closed Thread