It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User
Question Still having irregular contractions...opinions?

Ok. So most of you probably remember me posting about contractions I've been having. I went to the Dr last wk b/c they were keeping me up at night and were about 5-6-7 an hour. The Dr told me I am having mile contractions, but not to worry as long as I am getting rest and keeping my feet alot and drinking plenty of fluids. Also, I wasn't dialating as of last Thursday. She didn't give me any exemptions to what I am allowed to do, and she didn't confine me to the bed either. She said no sex for two days. So me and DH waited until Sunday (b/c it had already been 2wks since we had last done it anyway).

Now, on Monday, I had a VERY funny discharge which I thought might have been part of my mucas plug. But there was no blood in it, and it hasn't happened since Monday night. I never have discharge, so I thought it was a little strange, but my Dr told me as long as my panties weren't soaked then I was ok.

I am still having contractions, but they have slowed to about 1 an hour, so I know that is good. But does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am supposed to go in tomarrow to make sure I am still not dialating. But I don't wanna seem paranoid. I just know alot of horror stories about babies being born to soon and too small, and I wanna make sure that doesn't happen to my Molly.

Any opinions???

Thanks bunches ahead of time!

Old 01-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

BsChickie HB User
Re: Still having irregular contractions...opinions?

I am 35 weeks now, but at 27 weeks I was having contractions and my doctor ended up sending me to the hospital. When monitored, I was having them every 2 minutes and I was given injections to stop them. I was not dialating, thank God, and kept on meds and sent home couple days later. I've been off work since, told to take it easy and not allowed to go back. I'm still on medication at 35 weeks, but can quit maybe next week. I still get strong contractions and sometimes they will be every 5 minutes for a couple hours so I drink alot of water, and lay down on my left side or just rest and they seem to let up. Keep your bladder empty, sex and orgasm or nipple stimulation makes you contract as well, so limit that. I would just say stay in close contact with your doc and see if they would want to put you on any meds to control them. You don't want to start having cervix changes because then you can't really stop things as easy. I also had the different discharge maybe around 30 weeks, no blood though, and my doctor wasn't too concerned since my cervix was still doing well.
Don't be afraid to keep checking with your doc, thats why they get paid the big bucks! Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread