It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

youhavenoidea HB User
i would like to know..

from all the pregnant women out there...what were the first signs of you being pregnant..and how soon did they happen? ive been having these symptoms and id like to know if anyone else has?(im not 100% sure im pregnant, id just like to know all your early signs, so i can compare)

1.peeing all the time...all the time!! and sometimes it feels like i have to pee so bad, like im running there, and i dont have to go...and ill feel like this for about an hour until i can down a bottle of water and go pee!

2. my breasts have become bigger, and my boyfriend says(i didnt notice) that my nipples have become bigger, both the actual nipple and the areola(sorry if thats not the right spelling)

3. im usually a pretty thin person...but ive noticed that ive developed a tummy on me..its hard to explain but its like a swelling right in the front..its never been there before

4. i have headaches alot, they can be from a mild thud thud thud one lol...to one that hurts so bad i have to go to sleep.

5. my urine smells different, especially first thing in the morning, i know this is gross sorry, but it doesnt even smell like pee. its not that i ve got my head stuck in the toilet bowl or anything lol, but its a very strong smell.

6. i feel really sick to my stomach at times, almost like im going to throw up(my mouth waters really really bad when im about to vomit) its not just in the morning, it happens at anytime in the day...ive gagged also, but i havent thrown up(i dont often throw up, even if i am sick with the flu or whatever) and i get pain in my stomach along with a bit of gas(yeah thats great)

now i know the big big BIG sign of being pregnant is a missed period...well i am on birth control, but i skip the sugar pills so i dont get a period all together, so i wouldnt know if i missed it or not...i take my pill every day, sometimes not at the same time of the day(i forget) and have been on them for over a year. my boyfriend and i do not use condoms tho, allthough he always pulls out(except for once around the start of november..this is why im worried)

anyway ladies, please post your symptoms here, so i can compare them with mine, and feel free to tell me if you think i may be pregnant, from what ive said here...or if you know any other reasons why i may be having these sympotms..
thank you all very much for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: i would like to know..

It amazes me how many women post on here asking if we think they are pregnant or not before they have tried a pregnancy test! I guess you just really trust our judgement!
When I first read your symptoms I thought it sounded like you could be pregnant. Then you stated you are on the pill. If you take all of your pills (not including the sugar ones) on a regular basis the chance of you being pregnant is soooo slim. Also, being on the pill can make you feel sick to your stomach and change your weight and appearance. That being said, if the "incident" in question was in November then you could be more than 2 months pregnant and I feel it is very important to take a test!! It will definitely come up positive now if you are.
My symptoms started when I was about 6 weeks along and were, nausea, sore breasts, frequent peeing and an increase in appetite. None of them were bad though and only lasted for about 4 weeks. At 10 weeks I had lost all my pregnancy symptoms and actually had an emergency ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay...he is!! 24.6 wks prego with a very active, healthy little man.
Please take the test ASAP!! You must do what's best for you and the baby (if you are pregnant). Keep up posted and good luck.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

On the one hand - I used to take the pill straight through too, and I would eventually become bloated and irritable and, well, all the things you described. I asked my Dr. about it, and here is what she told me: Although they say it is okay to take the pill straight through, it is different than the depo shot. With depo you don't get a period because it does not have any of the hormone (can't remember if it is the estrogen or the progesterone, or what) that causes your uterine lining to build up. 'The Pill' does have this hormone, so this whole time your lining has been building up - the week of sugar pills lets your body shed the lining, which is your period. I am no doctor - but that is how my Dr. explained it to me. So maybe you just need to let yourself shed! Plus the needing to pee and then there's not much pee, and the different smell of your urine sounds just like when I had a urinary tract infection - I didn't know I had one 'cause there was no burning or pain, just frequent urges.

On the other hand - all the symptoms you described are what I felt when I conceived!!

So I'd say take a pg. test and if it is negative, do the week of sugar pills and let yourself have a period, and drink lots of cranberry juice in case you have a UTI. Maybe you should consult your Dr. too, though.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I would always take a test before asking for replies on a message board, I suppose others have more patience than I do, but if I suspect pregnancy I have already taken a test! For me, I began experiencing increased frequent urination at 4 weeks. That is what lead me to take the test.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
(female)

youhavenoidea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby#2
It amazes me how many women post on here asking if we think they are pregnant or not before they have tried a pregnancy test! I guess you just really trust our judgement!
When I first read your symptoms I thought it sounded like you could be pregnant. Then you stated you are on the pill. If you take all of your pills (not including the sugar ones) on a regular basis the chance of you being pregnant is soooo slim. Also, being on the pill can make you feel sick to your stomach and change your weight and appearance. That being said, if the "incident" in question was in November then you could be more than 2 months pregnant and I feel it is very important to take a test!! It will definitely come up positive now if you are.
My symptoms started when I was about 6 weeks along and were, nausea, sore breasts, frequent peeing and an increase in appetite. None of them were bad though and only lasted for about 4 weeks. At 10 weeks I had lost all my pregnancy symptoms and actually had an emergency ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay...he is!! 24.6 wks prego with a very active, healthy little man.
Please take the test ASAP!! You must do what's best for you and the baby (if you are pregnant). Keep up posted and good luck.

thank you all so much for your stories and adivce, it means alot you took the time to post them for me. i am going to take the test today...i am so nervous, this would be a very unplanned pregnancy for me, although i will carry it, im scared...ill let you know all how the test turns out...also...how did you tell your husband/boyfriend when you knew you were pregnant?

Old 01-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

My husband and I were married on August 16, 2003 and I got pregnant on Sept 27, 2003. His birthday is October 17 and I took the test on the 15th and got a BFP (big fat positive). Since I just couldn't wait for 2 days I went shopping and bought him some small things and gave them to him as an early B-day gift. The pregnancy test stick was one of them! He looked at it wondering why I was giving him a negative hpt (the line was very faint!). I told him it was positive and that he was going to be a Daddy. He didn't actually believe me until I got confirmation from the Dr. He didn't think we would get pregnant that quickly! It was wonderful!
Planned or not, everything happens for a reason in my opinion. If you are pregnant, embrace it. Let us know how it goes!

Old 01-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I found out on August 1st by a home pregnancy test. My husband had just left that morning for a military deployment and I called him that afteroon when we was checking into his room and I just told him. He was in shock, that fact that it was real and life changing although it was planned. I took several more tests within the next couple of days because I could barely believe it myself.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
(female)

youhavenoidea HB User

i took the test...im not pregnant.....wow. that little negative sign was a huge relief......but i was a little disapointed also, thats wierd lol...anyway thank you for all your help everyone

Closed Thread