It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
Pregnancy & Anxiety Disorder

I learned last Thursday I was pregnant from taking a HPT. At the time, I was only about 13 days past ovulation and my period wasn't even late. It's late now by about three or four days. I've taken at least one HPT a day since learning. (Yeah, its expensive.) They've all been positive. I've been diagnosed in the past with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Not a good thing to have when one is pregnant. I'm 39 and this is my first pregnancy and I hope its true. My husband is helping out so much at home. My mother has come over to help. I feel like a fraud. I don't feel pregnant. I know its all the stuff I've been reading on line about miscarriages and stuff. I just feel like I should have some symptoms. I feel like I had some nausea, but its not bad. I was very tired the week I first learned about the pregnancy. I'm still tired, but I attribute that to lack of sleep. (Hard to sleep when you are worrying.) Also, I'm anemic which makes me tired. No breast tenderness. Though my nipples feel a little tender. Sometimes I feel cramping like my period was coming on, but my sister has always said that's what she felt and told her GYN each time she found out she was pregnant. I guess I feel like I should have some symptoms. I keep saying "if" I'm pregnant, despite what the tests say. My doctor's appointment is not until Feb. 1st. The earliest I could get. I'm just wondering if anyone else was symptomless in early pregnancy. If I am pregnant I would only be about three weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Pregnancy & Anxiety Disorder

Welcome and Congrats!!!! I too have had anxiety in the past, Im 36 weeks pregnant with baby no.3 I didnt have anxiety until a year after my second child was born I will say that throughout this pregnancy I have had it fluctuate, some women say it totally goes away during pregnancy for them, unfortunatley that wasnt the case for me however I made it through and you will too, Good Luck!

Last edited by Valerie_s; 01-11-2006 at 08:36 PM.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

Wow, congrats!! I didn't have any symptoms with my second pregnancy-none at all. I missed my period and that was my only hint. Maybe you'll be lucky and not have any irritating symptoms like morning sickness, stretching pains, heartburn etc. I loved being pregnant and I'm sure alot has to do with being symptom free. And my first pregnancy the only 2 symptoms I had was tiredness in the first trimester and half of the second trimester and having to go pee alot.
Good luck with everything and if you are concerned about anything, talk to your dr and have them monitor you more closely.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
(female)

marie81 HB User

Congrats!!! I wouldn't worry about lack of symptoms this early. In the beginning all I felt was like AF was about to show. My m/s didn't show up until around 6-7 wks.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #5
(female)

brittney_marie HB User

I didnt have any severe symptoms in the beginning of my pregnancy besides fatigue. No morning sickness, no breast tenderness, no anything! I too have anxiety, and it was pretty severe. I decided not to use medication throughout the pregnancy, and i made it through... I may have been a bit more irritable than the average pregnant woman and I worried about everything a little too much. Actually during the labor, Iwould freak out if the nurse and midwife said anything i didnt understand because I thought something was wrong... I was pretty redicuous, but it wasnt that bad, im now on anxiety medication, and all is great!

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User

Thanks for all the responses! It's hard to believe that people can really have a baby growing inside of them and not feel it even if right now mine would be smaller than a grain of rice. It's also good to know there have been other pregnant women who had anxiety, but got through it. Mine has always been situational. I never needed medication everyday, but when something happened to trigger it, I'd have valium or klonopin there to help. I've talked to my husband and told him the way I'm feeling and I've got a few books to read on overcoming anxiety, to help me through.

Thanks again! Wishing you all happy, healthy, beautiful babies!

Closed Thread