It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
How early before showing pregnancy symptoms?

Can you start feeling pregnancy symptoms as early as 2 days after intercourse? How about 5?
I'm also on the patch, which could be causing such symptoms, right?

Old 01-12-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
(female)

sarakellieye HB User
Re: How early before showing pregnancy symptoms?

i dont know much about the patch but i have done some research on symptoms etc on the interent and most say people usually start feeling symtoms around 2-4 weeks after conception.
but there is many women and alot of doctors say that some women feel symptoms as early as 5 days. if you think you are pregnant do a test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User

I started showing " symptoms" two days after intercourse, I didnt know that it could happen that soon. Esspecially since I'm on the patch, and I'm not supposed to ovulate to begin with.
And I cant do a test, because I am 2 weeks away from my period.
So....

Old 01-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #4
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User

It doesn't happen that soon. It would take at least six days for the sperm and egg to meet and for the fertilized egg to travel and implant in your uterus. Perhaps, you are anxious about becoming pregnant which can cause symptoms. The mind is very powerful. I wouldn't worry about being pregnant right now. Birth control is pretty reliable if you use it correctly. I was on the patch about three or four years ago. I'm not sure what symptoms you are having. I had spotting when I first started using it. I got off of it about a year or two later, because it caused me to bleed continuously. What symptoms are you having?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLnuTTy
I started showing " symptoms" two days after intercourse, I didnt know that it could happen that soon. Esspecially since I'm on the patch, and I'm not supposed to ovulate to begin with.
And I cant do a test, because I am 2 weeks away from my period.
So....

Old 01-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

My very first symptoms were itching breasts (nipples to be specific), TMI. This started happening about 8 dpo, I almost knew instantly that we were in fact pg just because of this. It was very new for me. That is really the only symptom I had for the first few weeks. As a previous poster stated, 2 days would definitely be too early as fertilization would just be taking place and I would think that even 5 days would be too early as implantation would just be starting to happen. Symptoms occur from an increase in HCG and you don't produce HCG until implantation takes place.

Hope this helps.

Amy

Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User

Yes, All of that does help, thank you!
My boyfriend and I are both VERY anxious. At this point neither of us are at a point where we could have a child ( I already have a soon to be 3 year old with no father figure around for her )
I was experiencing cramping 2 days after intercourse, and as of yesterday 7 days after intercourse, my breasts started to hurt. Not my nipples though.
But as stated my mind may be playing tricks on me.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
(female)

jbkny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLnuTTy View Post
Yes, All of that does help, thank you!
My boyfriend and I are both VERY anxious. At this point neither of us are at a point where we could have a child ( I already have a soon to be 3 year old with no father figure around for her )
I was experiencing cramping 2 days after intercourse, and as of yesterday 7 days after intercourse, my breasts started to hurt. Not my nipples though.
But as stated my mind may be playing tricks on me.
Hello

I know it's been like 2 years, since you posted this, but I am hoping to get an answer to the same question. I had a similar experience, and started feeling pregnancy symptoms 3 days after intercourse (my breasts are bigger than usual, my body feels sort of bloated and heavy, and I am always hungry and craving salty foods, etc) Everyone says that it is too early to have any symptoms, since the implantation has not happenned yet, but then I've read on some forums that some women felt these changes as early as 3 days after the intercourse. So if by any chance you come back to this post, or get an email notification, could you tell me what happenned with you in the end, and were you pregnant after all, or if the mind playing tricks.
Thanks!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

I started urinating and puking 5 days after i concieved, so it CAN happen.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #9
(female)

jbkny HB User
Exclamation Re: How early before showing pregnancy symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenPaws View Post
I started urinating and puking 5 days after i concieved, so it CAN happen.
You say 5 days after conception, meaning 5 days after the intercourse? Just would like to clarify, I am experiencing these like pregnancy symptoms just 3 days after intercourse. What other symptoms did you experience? My breasts are much larger than normal and it hapenned so sudden, I don't really feel like throwing up but have this craving for salty foods and always hungry.
Any detailed feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

KittenPaws HB User

yeah conception = intercourse (sorry) hehe. I cant remember how my breasts were or cravings either. But i do know the full blown morning sickness hit me on day 5, im not sure if i was queezy before then or not.

Pregnancy follows PMS as well, bout the same symptoms. So you wont really know if you concieved until you get a positive on a preggy test.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
(female)

jbkny HB User

In my panicked state (this would be an unplanned pregnancy) I've read too many forums on this topic (the more I read the more I got confused), that's why I asked specifically about intercourse (for the timing purposes) because in all the discussions some said the actual conception was when the egg is fertilized (which could happen right after intercourse up to 5 days after because sperm can survive that long), some said that conception is when the implantation occurs (when the fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterus), which takes about 6 days, you see how confusing all this terms are
some said that it's impossible too feel any symptoms so soon, because hormones start changing when the implantation happens
now my head is spinning from all these possibilities, I guess I'll just have to wait and see
and yes these symptoms sort of feel like PMS but much stronger
Anyway, Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

I had sore bbs 4-5 (can't remember exactly which day it started) days after intercourse. I'm sorry if that makes you panic more. Hopefully you can test soon.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
(female)

jbkny HB User

Thanks all for your feedback, I'll just have to wait and see

Closed Thread