It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Unhappy Did anyone feel this way? Or DOES ANYONE FEEL THIS WAY?

I feel bad posting this, but I'm in my 5th week of pregnancy and I really haven't been that excited at all. We were trying for 1yr to get pregnant and I wanted more then anything. Now that I have it, I am afraid to death. My whole life is going to change, how will I take care of the little one....

I was an aunt when I was 6 and I have 15 nieces and nephews. I'm 29 and will be 30 when the baby is born. I know all the things about changing diapers and how to hold the babies when they are tiny and supporting their neck and ect. I've even kept several of my nieces and nephews over night....so why am I feeling this way.

EVERYONE is telling me it is normal and it is just hormones and after the first trimester it simmers down some, but I don't see that coming!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Re: Did anyone feel this way? Or DOES ANYONE FEEL THIS WAY?

OMG, let me tell you my story. My husband and I decided to try for a baby last June and the night we decided to start trying I broke down! It became very real to me and not just a thought. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and I STILL feel this way.

This is a major change in your way of life and I think it is only natural to be scared to death! I am SOO looking forward to meeting my little guy but now that my dream has become a reality it is a little scary.

Mine did simmer down a little bit in my second trimester, but I will be honest, now that I am in my third and my due date is right around the corner it is back with a vengance...but it is all perfectly normal.

My Dh and I signed up for some childbirth prep classes and I can tell you there are 9 other couples in the class and we ALL have the same emotions and feelings. It is only natural!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

Thanks for sharing skeetersquirt! It makes me a little more comforted to know I'm not the ONLY one feeling this way.....I just cant seem to shake it

Old 01-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i am 23weeks and already have 2 kiddos and i still get scared sometimes. i lay awake at night and wonder how i am going to do it with 3 kids and think just the way i did it with 2 kids. i think with some of us it is just normal to feel this way with fear of the unknown maybe.
my first 2 were unplanned and i was scared when i found out i was pregnant, this one was planned and when i found out i was pregnant i still was scared.
take care,
robin

Old 01-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i think when you want something so special as a child you think that when you get bfp the birds will sing and you will be blooming instantly but this in reality is in your dreams or the movies. When i got pg it was a shock that i was worried about the future "what if" questions were going through my mind all the time. i learnt what if questions are negative thoughts and if you dwell on them it brings you down, i found if every time i thought in a worrying way i switched to think of a happy thought related to pg or my baby it helped make me feel more positive along with the support of dh. i am entering week 30 and still worry what if this what if that, i am excited to be meeting my baby soon but scared at the amount of responsibility in being a parent aaahhh. so as for shaking these worries off they most likely won't go completely but i bet this is why most of us are on this bored to answer our questions and put our minds at ease. take care

Old 01-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

It took a very long time for it to seem real to me, and at 7 months along now, it doesn't seem totally real at times. It is life changing and thats why you probably feel the way you do. When I got pregnant our lives changed too. This meant that I am staying home with the baby and finishing my college up on-line until our child goes to school and the thought that when I have a baby and it cries I can't give it away, it is going to be mine gave me a weird feeling. It seems like it takes a long time for the belly to show and I was anxious for that to happen and then I was extremely anxious to find out what the sex of the baby was, which is a girl, and since finding out that it was a girl I am very accepting of it now. Now that I am getting closer, I am imagining this summer in our brand new house when we move here in a few weeks and I can't wait to spend the summer with our girl outside and doing things. The time will come eventually when you accept it, it is just a major deal. For me it was really when I found out the sex because I am not into neutral color clothing and a babyish colored room and I really wanted to find out so I could go ahead and buy something and find the room colors I wanted.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

I think you have all hit the nail on the head.....I can totally relate to your feelings of being scared and afraid...and the WHAT IFS, OMG! I'm so much like that. Last week I drove myself NUTS with the what IFS! I was calling my poor mother crying/sobbing to her that I won't be able to take care of this baby and what if I'm not a good mom, and what if I cant go back to work cause I have post pardom and what if, on and on and on, and my mom kept reassuring me it was my hormones talking and that all will work out just fine.

Some days I have good days and other days I want to CRY. I still haven't gone to the DR. yet, for my first visit, so I am in the early early stages. I go on Monday. I hope that puts my mind at ease some.

My husband can't wait for the little bundle of joy! He is SO EXCITED and already assured me he will help out!

Closed Thread