It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User
Question about alcohol...

Hello to everyone out there. I have been with my guy for 6 years and living together for 2. We will be married in September/06 and I wanted to start trying right away, like on our honeymoon. For some reason I think it would be so neat to tell our son/daughter that they were concieved while on our honeymoon. But DH is really, REALLY worried about trying while on our honeymoon because he wants me to be able to drink and have a good time. So my question is how early does alcohol effect a fetus??? Now I am not a big drinker at all. I didn't even drink a glass of champaign on New Years Eve. I am not the type to go out and get absolutely plastered. So should I be worried about what I drink if we start trying on our honeymoon? It is only 1 week long. So lets say we try and by some miracle get pregnant the 2nd or 3rd night and have some drinks the next day or day after...could that do damage??? I hope all this makes sense I am trying to get some answers so we can decide if we want to try on our honeymoon or not. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User
Re: Question about alcohol...

From what I have learned "they" don't know how much alcohol and how early it affects a fetus. From my experience I found out I was preggo at four weeks and lets just say for that month I had NO idea I was pregnant I drank ALOT and my baby is fine. After I found out at four weeks I didn't touch the stuff cause I felt SOO bad and was SO worried. So in your case I really wouldn't worry about a few drinks that early. Most people don't know they are preggo right away and have a few drinks in those early months not knowing they were pregnant. I found out the first possible day I could that I was pregnant but some don't know for months, I say it is up to you. Good luck! I hope you get pregnant right away, it is the best thing ever!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

tell your hubby that you should be fine. i am sure alot of babies were concieved while their mommies were intoxicated. have fun on your honeymoon.
i too drank before i found out i was pregnant and my babies are just fine.
take care and goodluck.
robin

Old 01-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User

Your honeymoon is a week long, so let's say by chance you ovulate within 24 hours of the first day of your honeymoon and the sperm and egg meet that first night. It will still take at least six days before the fertilized egg to travel down and implant into your uterus. After it implants is when it begins to obtain blood supply from you. Six days is the minimum time it would take the egg to travel. 80% of implantations take place nine days past ovulation. So, if prior to your honeymoon you know definitely that you are not pregnant, then I would not worry about drinking those seven days. If sperm and egg do meet up that first night, you would not become pregnant until at least the seventh day and even that would be pretty fast.

Last edited by WhyIsThisMyLife; 01-12-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I was an alcoholic before I found out I was pregnant. I drank hard liquor everyday. It was a Godsend that I got pregnant. I haven't touched alcohol nor thought about touching it ever since. I am 8wks postpartum and my baby is healthy as an ox.

I should say I was about 4wks when I found out as well.

Last edited by roxyfoxy; 01-12-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

The day I had my IUI my hubby and I went out for one last hurrah and I had two bloody marys. It can take up to a day for your egg and sperm to fertilize and then about four to five days to actually implant in the lining of the uterus so I would not worry at all. Besides the odds that you ovulate on your wedding day are going to be pretty bad, but sperm can live up to four days or so they say, so you could have a pretty good chance of getting pregnant that month. But the alcohol will not affect anything!!! Dont worry and have a good time.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

Thanks you guys. I feel so much better. Now lets hope hubby wasn't using that and an excuse NOT to start trying. He told me long ago we could start when we got married and turned 27. Maybe now that the time is like 8 months away he's getting a little nervous. Wish us luck!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hiya
i found out i was pg on my holiday and had only had a couple of beers befroe bfp so i am sure you would be ok. as long as you don't kjeep drinking past bfp

Closed Thread