It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
baby not as active lately

I am 35 weeks pregnant and this may sound kinda silly but the past 3 days I've noticed that the baby has been less active than usual. I still feel her light movements occasionally, but it's way less often than usual. She is a very active baby and usually is kicking me all over the place all day and night (with very very short rest periods). That was very reassuring to me but now the past few days the movement has dramatically been less. I know that fetuses have their "down" days just like us but it's been 3 days and I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if I should be alarmed. Thanks for any advice, I'm a first time mommy if you couldn't tell

Old 01-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Re: baby not as active lately

Brooke YES I think I can help... this has happened to me (just last week).... My baby was SO active more than usual at the doc's office.... and then the next day hardly nothing - I mean SOME movements but really nothing compared to what I was SO used to....

Come to find out - she had turned and faced my spine or something like that.... she wasn't facing outward as much. a couple days went by - and then I had BBQ for lunch and WHAMO she must have flipped back because she has been punching and kicking again - I am turning 34 weeks tomorrow - and I asked the Doc when I was in yesterday and he said - YES that babes can still turn and we won't feel them as much - and then turn back.

It is NERVE Racking though isn't it? I was SO worried those two days.... always looking for her to really really move - and kick - .... hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi brooke
if you are concerned it would be best to go get checked out and then you can relax and know for sure that all is well. i am sure it probably is normal but all books and midwife say if you notice changes go get checked out. tkae care

Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Yes brooke that is true - since tomorrow is friday you don't want to go the entire weekend not sure.... so call today if you can and get in tomorrow or if you are REALLY worried.... call today and see if you can see someone today/tonight.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I would check with the Doc so you can put your mind at ease but sometimes babies move less towards the end cause they are running out of room in there! They get big and don't have as much room to kick mom!
Good luck

Old 01-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

I think as you get closer to your due date that babies have less room to move. You could ask for a stress test and they will monitor the baby's fetal heart beat via doppler and ultrasound to make sure everything is alright. I had this done with my first pregnancy and he was fine, he actually came 3 weeks early and I had gone for the test at 36 weeks.

Closed Thread