It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #1

Tweetymommy HB User
Feeling like a pin cushion

Hello, wondering if anyone else here is feeling a bit overwhelmed. I am 34 weeks pregnant now with a little girl. I have gestational diabetes requiring 6 shots of insulin per day as well as 8 finger pokes to monitor surgars no matter what we do we are having a difficult time taming my surgar levels. Also during a recent exam they found that my thyroid is nearly double the normal size requiring more blood tests. Recently during regurlar ob exams I have been dropping protein in my urine and expieriencing slight swelling so now there is a question of preeclampsia.

I am scheduled to a c-section on Feb,20 a week early due to past c-sections however with all these new developments it may come much sooner. On wednesday they used an ultrasound to determine her size and she is measuring large already in the 75th percentile so now there is two non-stress tests per week as well as a weekly viset to the endocrologist for the diabetes and weekly visets to the ob with the possiblitliy of becoming bi-weekly. I also have to fit in an optomologist and variose other appointments into the mix. Most days now I am lost as to where I am going AHHHHHH. My arm is showing signs of cuff ring from having my blood pressure taken continuously!!!

Not to mention I am also trying to continue being a wife and a mother to my two older children ages 7 and 8. I have been prescribed a walker to get around due to a seperation in my pelvis (baby already in postition) but yet I am suppose to get as much rest a possible. I know there is little I can do about the current situation. I just need to know if I am alone...... I feel like I am doing alot of complaining so I will cut it off here. thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread