It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User
I am 6months and 1 week today!! and....

Well, I apparently failed my 1 hour glucose test.,. The numbers were 149. The doc said it wasnt terribly high, and didnt necessiarily mean that I had diabetes. So I have to go and take my 3 hour test next week. I am a little worried, but I knew that I would have it. Only because one, my grandmother was full blown, developed later on in years, my mom, had borderline with me, and she wasnt the weight I am. Anyway, I knew that I was destoned to get it. I have been feeling her move like crazy, sometimes she can really kick me hard. But it doesnt hurt that bad, just uncomfortable. I am worried about birthing again. I suppose its natural, but my biggest fear is dieing. I dont want to die. I dont know how I can make this clear. My hypertension has been kept under control, and at a good rate, as well as my heart rate, which is about 85 to 95 at times, when I dont stay hydrated then it goes up to about 115. So I am constantly drinking water. My bp has been ranging from 130/73 to 120/80, so its good. As long as I dont see 150/100 ever again. The baby, is hiding gender, still, even after the 2nd ultrasound. She, ( I will call her she because that is what the docs are leaning towards), weighs 2lbs and is about a foot long, and is so beautiful.

Anyway, I figured that I will keep everyone posted on my progress, and I hope that all you other mommies out there are having a healthy stress free pregnancy!! Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: I am 6months and 1 week today!! and....

I just wanted to let you know something dragon. ANYBODY, when dehydrated will probably get an increased heart rate. It is the body's way of compensating. I don't think your increased heart rate when dehydrated has anything to do with pregnancy or weight. Although, when you are overweight you are at a higher risk for high rate anyway. I know when I was over 300 pounds, my heart rate stayed over 100 most of the time.

Amy

Old 01-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Good to hear from you again DragonsBeauty! I was wondering about your second ultrasound, I remembered it was in January. Are you going to go ahead and buy girl things or are you going to wait? Stay healthy and warm and I hope all is going well with you!

Old 01-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCouture
Good to hear from you again DragonsBeauty! I was wondering about your second ultrasound, I remembered it was in January. Are you going to go ahead and buy girl things or are you going to wait? Stay healthy and warm and I hope all is going well with you!

Well, my mom bought a outfit for each.. which to be honest is ok because I can use them both. As for me, I dont know what to do. There are a lot of little girl things that I really want to get her. And then again there is a theme that can be used for any gender, which involves frogs. Its really cute. Its green so its quite universal. But, I really dont know what I can do. I would really like to know what I will be having. I want a definate answer!! Teehee. But none the less I will love which ever I have regardless.

I have a 3rd ultrasound in Feb. Well towards the end of feb. So maybe we can get a good profile then. Fingers crossed.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

We must have almost the same due date!

My doc(s) did my glucose test a few months ago. I failed the first time but passed the 3 hour test, so just wait and see. You may be fine.

Also, my heart rate increased to 95-100 bpm. I told my doctor and he said it's because of the increase of blood volume. I even hear my heart beat in my ear!

You are so lucky that they do so many ultra-sounds!

Take Care.

Last edited by Paet; 01-20-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Closed Thread