It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
low cervix????

hiya
last night a while after having sex i had sharp stabbing pains in my lower uterus so i rang the midwife and they had me go over to the hospital i had a trace and baby was fine his heartrate was accelerating and deaccelerating well between 134 and 172 beats per min (first time i knew heart rate). they gave me the all clear but also took a swab of my cervix.

well i told the doc that when having sex i felt dh could not enter me well as my cervix felt low (tmi). when she used the speculum she said wow it is low it is right here like barely inside me. she never said if this meant anything and i never asked. my question is is it ok to have a low cervix at 30 weeks is this normal? what does this mean?

Also the pains i were having were like the ones i have been having in bed at night preventing me from turning over but worse. since they let me go home i have had these pains twice more. also my babys head is now engaged and i think him turning to this position may well be the cause of all my pains! how on earth i am going to carry this child for another 10 weeks is beyond me it is also bringing my mood down and making me weepy and putting me off ever having children ever again. meanwhile i keep dreaming my baby dies inside me which is not nice either. is anybody else in the same situation as me i feel so alone

Old 01-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
Re: low cervix????

Weepy,
I am sure everything is o.k, your baby won't die. I wonder if I have the same thing? I have not had sex but I feel as if my cervix is right there.
I know it is hard to think positive sometimes but hon, if anything were to happen now your baby would be fine, keep that in mind. 30 weeks your almost there, we can hang in there together and I am here for you.. we all are. You will be just fine friend
Carly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i did a search on low cervix and there was some information that says some womens location of there cervix is different then others. it also said that it tends to get lower when pregnant.
it also said to go to you obgyn if you think that something is not right.
if the doc you saw didn't seem to be concerned and sent you home it seems that everything should be fine.
maybe you could call on monday and see what they say.
robin

Old 01-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

thanks worry and girl
i am just exhausted with feeling uncomfortable and aching. i will do a search on low cervix might find something interesting. when the midwife said you have ages to go yet i could have either strangled her or cried i am think positively by counting down rather than how far away the arrival is. i have also been told sex is a i think the midwife seemed amazed that pg woemn actuallt had sex she said there are other things you can do lol. i was more emabarrassed about my bikini line being a mess than what she had to say about sex lol. i am sure my baby will be alright but the**** so much fear of losing him i think this is why i am having these sad dreams. thanks for your support. i just brought a v-shaped support pilow to try help me get comfy so i can sleep i may go get some rest

Old 01-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I wonder why your widwife said sex is a no-no? Here they tell you only to abstain from it for health or pregnancy related issues, like if they are concerned about something and they usually give you a week when to stop. She didn't say why your not suppose to have sex?

Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCouture
I wonder why your widwife said sex is a no-no? Here they tell you only to abstain from it for health or pregnancy related issues, like if they are concerned about something and they usually give you a week when to stop. She didn't say why your not suppose to have sex?
My mother had a low cervix with her last two children and was told to abstain from sex. Also the same with my cousin. They recomend no sex because of how much "abuse" the cervix gets during sex if it is really that low. I have a medium low cervix compared to the average of other woman and was told to take it easy if I wanted to continue having sex as I have actually had swelling because of the cervix being bumped so hard etc. Hope that helped out some.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i think she said stay off having sex incase it knocks the cervix or causes bleeding i think i would rather be safe than sorry so no more nookie for me or dh, i will ask him for a good back massage instead lol.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Weepy - hope you are feeling better and not so...weepy. I have to admit that I chuckled when I read about sex and your midwife's response cause the thought of sex lately (since I was about 4 weeks along even) is a big turn off for me. Guess that's what happens when you have a child already who you just know, if you stay up to enjoy sex and become a bit sleep deprived, will certainly be up 5 times that night. Actually my body seems to respond o.k. to sex but my mind can't seem to work up the energy...does that make any sense???
Good luck to you!!

Closed Thread