It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
(male)

FreddyX HB User
Is it safe to assume

that a woman will know whether she is pregnant (even if completely unexpected) by 5 1/2 months?

Last edited by FreddyX; 01-14-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Is it safe to assume

A close friend of mines sister found out at exactly 6 months due to the fact that she had her period the whole time. I guess it's possible although to me seems so unlikely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i also had a friend who found out at 6 months she had regular bleeds throughout her pg and only found out when she went to see her doc about strange feelings in her tummmy which she was worried was something seriously wrong with her. however there is no way i could deny iwas pg at any stage i have been over run with every ailment known to man lol. i felt sick 4 days before af was due then had this and tiredness till week 16. then i felt movements at week 16 plus i was getting a proper bump by then too. i have had piles heartburn tiredness sickness shortness of breath aches and pains in my ribs god if a woman cannot tell by these signs she must have resigned to the fact she was seriously ill or dying from something. i know there are some women who have no signs of pg , but what i am saying is women who feel likke i have could certainly not deny being pg.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I worked with a girl in the Navy and she claimed she didn't know she was pregnant until 5 months. She said she was on the ship and working out all the time and still had her period????

Old 01-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
(male)

FreddyX HB User

How can a woman not realize she is pregnant that late in the second trimester?

Old 01-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
(female)

JustinsMommy05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyX
How can a woman not realize she is pregnant that late in the second trimester?

The three people who answered your post just answered that for you!

I also had a friend who didn't find out until she was 5 1/2 months.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Just like someone posted earlier, I can't believe someone not knowing they were pregnant. Although I realize some people don't get any symptoms, I've had soo much that came along with this pregnancy that I don't know what I would think was going on with my body!!

Old 01-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #8
(female)

Indianchick72 HB User

I had a ex-friend claim that she didn't know she was pregnant until she gave birth. She just called me one day and told me she had given birth hours earlier.
I never understood how that could possibly be. But then I got pregnant and had absolutely no symptoms (aside from the lack of a menstrual cycle) for about the first 6 months, then I could relate how someone may not know. But then after the 6 months, when I began to definately feel the baby move...I again turned back to the "how could she not have known" mentality.

Rochelle

Old 01-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #9
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I can see if your periods are irregular or still bleed until about 7 months. With my first child you could not tell I was pregnant and the only reason I knew was I went to the doctor for a kidney infection and he suspected it. I dont know how long I would have gone without knowing, I was never sick with her and my periods until that time in life were never regular I could go 3-4 months without one. I never really even had any effects from it. None of the normal issues, boobs hurting, cramping, I didnt have any of it. She was super easy, I wish it was that way this time. But after 6-7 months the movements become so strong theres no way you could not feel it, could you? So I would say at five months you could not know!!!
Meg

Old 01-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

I knew someone who claimed she had no idea she was pregnant until she went into labor and then she thought she had food poisoning. She was always really irregular and was a large woman so never had a noticible bump. She went to the ER and the doctor ordered an xray of her abdomen and there on the xray picture was a little baby all curled up and big enough to be born. She was admitted to the hospital and her baby was born 4 hours later. That's a fact.

Barbara

Old 01-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

dh22 HB User

it happens especially with overwieght women. if it's a first pregnancy she may or may not feel anything.

it all depends ESPECIALLY if they are still have monthly bleeding - even if it irregular.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

I could see if you are a larger woman, and up to about 6 or 7 months regarding the movement if your placenta is sitting anterior (in front). I am in my 27th week and my little boy is doing gymnastics in there. I do have an anterior placenta, but the movement is soooooo noticable now. He is a strong little booger.....lol.

Amy

Old 01-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #13
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User

I think it is quite rare to have periods during pregnancy and therefore not realise one is pregnant. But my grandma didn't find out she was pregnant til she was nearly 7 months along because she had regular periods and probably not really severe symptoms. So if a women does not know she is pregnant by 5 or so months then she is either very stupid, has periods, or is lying.

Closed Thread