It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

RainyNight HB User
Post Question about fetal movement

Hi all. I am 23 weeks along as of tomorrow. I have been able to feel little flutters since 14 weeks but really the last 2 weeks or so have been much much more defined. Well on Thursday night I had alot of fetal movement then yesterday it was as if I didn't feel him move all day except once or twice when I was just about to fall alseep. And then again today not much movement at all. It is making very worried. This is my first sucessful pregnancy so I really don't know what to expect. Is this sort of thing normal? Or should I be concerned?

Old 01-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Question about fetal movement

When I was around 25 weeks, I would get one day where I thought my little guy was going to kick through my stomach, then another day he'd be so still. There are other posts saying that if the baby is facing towards your back, you don't feel it as much which makes alot of sense to me. If you are very concerned though, I would talk to your dr. Mine, said it was normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
(female)

JustinsMommy05 HB User

That's totally normal! I had day's where I swear he was doing back flips....then there were days I guess he was just relaxing. I also found that on some days when I was busy I didn't notice much movement, but when I sat down and relaxed he'd be kicking away! If a day goes by without feeling ANY movement you should do a "Kick count" if then you still feel no movement call the doctor.

I'm one of those really parnoid girls about this stuff....it was a little expensive but I bought one of the fetal dopplers.....using that every day eased my mind entirely.

~*Justin Michael*~
*~06~27~2005*~

Old 01-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

At 23 weeks that is normal. You won't start feeling consistant movement until around 28 weeks.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i had this experience to, believe me in a few more weeks time you will hardly get any let up as your bump looks distorted and it feels like baby is going to pop through your skin.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
(female)

wendyr HB User

I have been worried about the same thing - some days a lot of moving about and then days with little movement. (I am right at 28 weeks). My doctor said the baby could be moving about when I'm asleep so am unaware of it, baby's sleep pattern can be totally different from yours. As JustinsMommy05 says - when you sit down and relax you tend to feel movement. Also try gently rubbing your belly, or even just keep your hand over your stomach, this usually gets a kicking response!

Old 04-06-2006, 01:50 AM   #7
(female)

ANUSUA DEB HB User

If the fetal movement is off for 12 hours or more, is there any medicated ways to get fetal movement. How many numbers of movemetn is normal sign. I am now 22 weeks. Some times i do not feel movement for 5-6 hours. Is it a matter of worried.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

With my first preg. I noticed the most movement after 28 weeks and constant crazy movement in weeks 32-labor.

I noticed more movement after eating something sweet or drinking some juice. I also used to play some music for my daughter and she dance around in there. Every child is different though.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Just a response to Wendyr and all to tell you that not all baby's respond to touch and move...mine are both the opposite. Ds would stop all together if I rubbed my tummy, it was like he was easily soothed. And turns out he was!!! He was busy from sun up to sun down when inside and then would just be quiet all night long. He would push back if we pushed on my stomach though and was more a kicker/puncher than a mover.
This one is different. He, too, calms with touch and even if you just hold your hand there. He was, from 25-31 weeks, a light sleeper. If I moved at all at night, he'd start kicking away and throught he day he had quieter times but was usually pretty active. Now I can go hours without feeling movement but when I do it is usually not kicks and punches but rolls, pushes and flips. I get scared sometimes too cause I am not used to having such little movement through the day. I usually try the lay down and count movement thing when I get worried but usually it takes me pressing hard on his 'bum' and side to side to start him moving. I feel bad, waking the poor babe!!!!

Closed Thread