It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Question What kind of questions

What types of questions did you ask on your very first visit to the OBGYN when you found out you were pregnant?

I wanted my husband to come with me, but I need a pap done, and I don't want him to be in there when they do the pap so I told him to come to the next appt. Now others are telling me the 1st appt. is the most informative one. I go MOnday the 16th so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User
Re: What kind of questions

Here4support~

I had my husband come with me to all my appts that he could. So he came with me to all of my I think it was begining 4 or 5. But he's in the military so he was able to especially with this being our first child. But, he came with me to get the pap. Trust me it's good if you dont like getting them done, it's support there if he's there. Ummm, the best type of questions to ask if you have any are just simply anything you think is important. There is no such thing as a stupid question, the only stupid questions are the questions that dont get asked. If you have concerns about how you are feeling ask about em, if your husband has any questions have him ask!! Trust me all these things will help in the long run. I'm learning now (that I'm having some problems) to really ask every question over every ache and pain. LoL. I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

have him step out of the room when they do the pap if you are uncomfy with him being there - he doesn't have to "witness" that... that is what I had my husband do when I got an unexpected exam down there - much later on in pregnancy...

Old 01-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i had to take my daughter with me when i had my pap done and it was so funny
because she was checking out what the doc was doing. she is only 3 and acted like it was nothing. i figured she is going to go through this one day to.
when you figure out what you are going to ask make sure you write down all you questions so you won't forget anything. i don't know how many times i left the office and remembered something but it was to late.
like the others said there is no dum question so ask away.
robin

Old 01-16-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

My husband also goes with me for all my appointments, including the first one where I was given a pap. I feel comfortable around him where I would never ask him to leave the room, it was actually not a big deal. He was sitting beside me and the midwife was giving the pap. It was uncomfortable at times when I was getting the pap and I would just look over at my husband,

Like someone else suggested have him leave the room if you are uncomfortable or he can even stay but they could pull that curtain shut in the room around you to separate you both. Also, at the first appointment they go over a lot of information so there will be no secrets health wise between you and your husband after you are finished with your apppointment.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Also, you can ask anything at your first appointment. What I have found is that the doctor or midwife usually has a speech prepared where they go over certain things with you that usually already answer most of the questions you have at that time. Every appointment I go to after the first one I am given more information verbally and also information packets that are printed out to take home. After they are done explaining to me what is going on and what to expect now I usually don't any questions to ask. However, you can ask about food, weight gain, how far along you are, what is your estimated due date, etc.....Also you can let them know about any health concerns you may have.

Closed Thread