It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
placenta?

i was just looking at my 12 week scan report which said my placenta was posteria (at the back of my uterus) then i looked at my 20 week scan which says it was anterior (at the front). does the uterus really grow that quick that it would alter the position of my placenta? anyone any ideas as i don't think my placenta actually picked itself up and moved where it was attached lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: placenta?

Lol weepy, I was told it's possible for the placenta to shift quite a bit while your uterus grows. That's why when a lot of women are told that they have placenta previa (as I was) they usually say it moves on it's own. Mine has actually gone from almost total previa, to high on the side (YAY!) So I'm assuming they can move an aweful lot. Hope this helped some

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i am dealing with the same thing, low lying placenta and that was at 20wks, so i have to go back at 28wks and i guess it should be where it needs to be, hopefully. i guess it really can move in that short amount of time.
robin

Old 01-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

thanks soon 2 b it answers my question then it is possible to move as the uterus grows a lot thanks

Old 01-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

Weepy the placenta doesn't actually move (I know you already knew that....lol). It is just that when the uterus stretches and grows, the placenta tends to shift depending on how the uterus is growing. It is like when I was a baby, I had a birthmark on the back of the upper side of my neck. Over the years I grew (duh...lol) and now the birthmark is on the middle part of my back.

Amy

Closed Thread