It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #1

Michele B HB User
Yeast Infections

Anyone ever get yeast infections during their pregnancy? If so, did you just use Monistat? I'm 13 weeks and am now getting my 2nd infection already. I just had one a week and a half ago caused from some progesterone suppositories I was given. My doc. said to use Monistat and that they're harder to clear up during pregnancy. I used Monsitat and it went away for a week. I haven't had an infection in five years and now while I'm pregnant I have two already?! It's upsetting.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
(female)

angie22 HB User
Re: Yeast Infections

hey Michelle, don't give up, I had a nasty yeast infection that my doc. recomended to treat with canesten and it did nothing for me. I even asked them to take a sample of the discharge and send to see what it is and after the results came back they said that canesten will do it again. So I got mad and did a search on what causes the yeast infection and how you prevent them and went to the pharmacy, bought the monistat - the 7 days cream that you put inside at night and now there is no more yeat infection since then - months. Also on that search that I did on the net I found that there is like a supliment that you can buy over the counter it is called Acidophilus and suports intestinal and imune system health. Any woman is at risk to have yeast infection when she takes antibiotics or medication in general , especially pregnant women but I take one capsule a day of the Acidophilus and there is no yeast infection anymore, and I was getting them every few weeks. Plus if you give birth having yeast infection the baby can swallow some discharge wich there is medication for but I will try to be as clean as possible of that. Ask your doc. if it is ok for you to take as a suplement also the Acidophillus , makes a big diference. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
(female)

adderall_angel HB User

You have my sympathy, Michelle! I went in the other day for cramping (16 weeks) and found out I was falling apart! Well, not literally. But it felt like it, dehydrated, yeast infection, BV and UTI! Gee wiz! Busy down there! They did say Monistat was all I needed to treat it, (7 day was pref) and sex could cause the BV. Since the symptoms are similar (at the beginning anyway) I prefer to avoid either.

My advice, eat more yogurt, and take the Acidophilus!

Good advice, Angie!

Yeast infections are miserable when you aren't dealing with prego symptoms, they are just MEAN when the jump in and add to it!!!

Old 01-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

I have also not had yeast infections for 15 years and since this pregnancy I've had two. Argh. Eat lots of yogurt, lower your sugar intake and wear loose pants and (I'm sure you already are, but...) cotton underwear. Monistat is fine. I tried prescription stuff from the doctor. The full 7 day stuff--yuck. But that is what it took to clear up my second one. Ask your doc.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

unfortunately i get them all the time. like the others said monistat is fine to use but like the last postee said lower your sugar intake. yeast feeds off the stuff, gross huh?. when i had one a couple years ago it was around christmas time and i was eating so many sweets. i worked at a doctors office and pts brought in cookies, cakes and all kinds of stuff. it made perfect sence why i couldn't get rid of it.
i think plain yougurt will really help alot and if you use otc stuff use the 7 day, its also cheaper.
take care and i hope you get rid of it.
robin

Old 01-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #6

Michele B HB User

Thanks everyone who replied. It's nice to hear from others who have gone through the same thing! Hopefully this next round of Monistat will get rid of it once and for all. Talk to you later. Michele

Closed Thread