It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
c sec's anyone?

Quick question for anyone who has had a c section. Did you find that afterwards above the incision that the skin hung? It looks like I have a massive hill forming above my incision. I was wondering if this was normal.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Re: c sec's anyone?

How long ago did you have your section? If it was recently is the area red? I had my section 2 months ago and I don't have that problem, yet. My doctor did a pretty good job of "tightening" it up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

It appears to be a bulge above the incision. it is actually kind of gross looking. It doesn't hurt and it isn't red, it just looks like a big bulge. I noticed the one side started bulging out and now the other sides seemsto be doing the same. The bulge is about and inch wide and an inch high. I had a c sec 2 weeks ago.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

Is it the scar itself? If so then you sound like u got the same problem that I got. I kiloing (doubt if thats how u spell it) but its where my scars are a little larger in height and a slight wider. If you understand that. I know its more common in African-Americans. But im not that so no telling.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 01-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Hmm, interesting. Never heard of this but if you think there may be a problem I would get it checked by the doctor. Problems do happen weeks after the section. 6wks postpartum I got a blister on my incision. They drained it so I didn't get infected, but if it didn't drain there would have been a problem. Not saying you are getting an infection, but if it seems odd to you doesn't hurt to get a look at it.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasita_of_3
I kiloing (doubt if thats how u spell it) but its where my scars are a little larger in height and a slight wider. If you understand that.
Do you mean keloiding? That is actually common in scarring with piercings (especially upper ears) but I don't know much about c-section scars, although I do know that they are common in surgery scars. But keloiding does make scars alot bigger. Elicina cream works wonders on a keloid, but make sure that's what it is before you use it.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

I had a bump above my scar site for months after the section. It was a hard lump. I had numerous ultrasounds to see what it was and finally an ultrasound tech thought it might be a "contained hematoma" (mass of blood). I had a biopsy and sure enough my body had created a hematoma from the surgery trauma. It's not super common yet not unheard of. I think my body is more prone to them. Aside from that, the scar definitely creates a noticeable difference between my pubic bone and my lower belly. I hope I don't have to have a c-sec second time around.

PS--my son is now 2 and a half and the hematoma is still there! Argh.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

The bulge is 3 inches lone and an inch wide and an inch high. The other side is starting to do the same thing. I thought it might be extra flab or something but it only happens on the sides and not right across. Lately it seems the incision has become more painful, and it feels like it is irritated except nothing rubs against it. I see my doc tomorrow just I have bee nwondering what the heck it is. Has anyone else gotten hanging or bulging skin after a c sec?

Closed Thread