It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
Those of you who have bh contractions

I am 28 weeks and I have had them since about 15 weeks or so. They are stronger and more frequent now and sometimes hard to tell if I am having small ones or not...I know what the big ones feel like. I went to labor and delivery to get checked out and I only had one in the hour I was monitored. I told them that sometimes they are strong! they didn't seem concerned, I have called my doc on this too! I also feel as if someone is irritating my bladder 24/7. I am concerned that the bh is going to cause pre term or something. When I actually do lay down and monitor them they are about 2 an hour. What do you all think? what do yours feel like?
Carly

Old 01-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Those of you who have bh contractions

Mine get pretty strong but never painful. Sometimes them almost knock the breath out of me, if that makes any sense. My dr said this was ok as long as I keep a count, when I'm getting them it's usually 2 to 4 in an hour. THey last usually a min to 4 min. No concern I guess if they aren't painful, I had an internal and wasn't dialated or anything. She said I'm still closed up pretty tight, no thinning or anything. If they aren't too concerned, I wouldn't be. Just make sure you monitor them. I was told if I had more than 4 to call to be safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

lrguyer HB User

I have these a lot too. (I went into preterm labor 2 weeks ago). When you actually go into labor, the contractions will continue to get stronger and more consistent. So if you lay down and get 2 an hour, check again in another hour or two. If you are still getting the same result then you are fine. If you get 3 or 4 an hour check again in a few more hours. Usually doctors wait until you have 6 or more in an hour.

Also, the number one reason women go into preterm labor is because of dehydrated. When I went in, they said that I was severely dehydrated, though I had no idea. I didn't feel any of the symptoms of dehydration. However, they said that pg women need close to 80 oz of fluids a day!!! So if you do feel some contractions that won't go away, drink at least 20 oz of water and it should help.

Let me know if you have more specific questions! Hope this helped!

Lisa

Old 01-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks, Mine take my breath away too! I don't have more than 4 I don't think. I think I will ask for an internal exam so i quit worrying. mIne don't hurt pain wise but can get uncomfortable.
Carly

Old 01-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, it did help thank you, how do you know when you are having small ones?I will drink more water.
Carly

Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Oh yeah, deffinitely aren't the most comfortable things to deal with. I went into pre term labor on Dec 2nd and the contractions deffinitely felt different than BH's. I always wondered if I'd be able to tell the difference (I was actually really worried about that) and I deffinitely could tell they weren't normal. Yeah if it will ease your mind ask for an internal, you're getting pretty far along anyways aren't you?? My Dr starts them at 30 weeks to check for thinning and all.. Like the other poster said, stay hydrated! I hate it because then it makes me run to the bathroom even more, but I can tolerate that if it helps this little guy stay put!

Old 01-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I have been the same way. I started to feel mine about 24wks or so and mine have been to the point where I"m hurled over in pain. They put me on the monitor and they dont seem to pick them up as much. But when i went in the first time, they did tell me I"m in preterm labor, so I"ve kind of been sitting around waiting to go into full term labor. They didn't seem as concerned about it as well with me, I put up a high stink of it with my OB and she was the one to do something about it.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

Lisa,

Quick question:

I have been having what the dr tells me are mild contractions for almost two wks now. I am 27 1/2 wks pg. They have been keeping me monitored to make sure I don't dialate or go into labor at all. How will I know for sure if I go into labor? I know you said if the contractions intensify that you will know for sure then. But what if they stay inconsitant, but are very painful? Thanks.

Amanda

Last edited by hotmamma13; 01-16-2006 at 12:16 PM.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hot mamma
i guess if they are inconsistent you are on the way to active labour it sounds like your body is practising for the real thing although this can take weeks to start.my sil was getting similar symptoms like you for a good 6 weeks or more before she gave birth but hers was an elective cesarian so i guess she could have gone on with these longer had she not gone in as planned, hope this helps you feel a bit less worried.
if you are being monitored closely they will be looking for other signs like you say your cervix changing. good luck in holding baby in for as long as possible i hope all goes well i am sure it will thinking of you

Old 01-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

Thank you so much.

Closed Thread