It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User
Red face Panicking about weight!!!

Hello everybody.

I am 27w4d pg with my 2nd baby, and have already gained 35lbs !!! I am not an over weight person. In fact, I only weighed 145lbs when I found out I was pg. I don't mean to eat so much. It's just that if I don't eat, I get sick. Really, I do. I start getting nauseous and dizzy. I also am unable to use my treadmill to walk b/c I am on moderate bedrest, and am not supposed to start walking again until it is OKed by my Dr. So I sit on the couch most of the day worrying about how I am going to get this weight off after Molly is born. I know I can diet and excersize. But I am sooooo terrified, b/c I still have 2months to go, and have ALREADY gained 35lbs, there is no telling the weight I will be when Molly is finally here. How do you get so much weight off???

By the way, with my 1st baby, I only gained a total of 28lbs.

Can anyone gimmie some advice, or any stories to make me feel better? I'm so bummed! Thanks so much!

Last edited by hotmamma13; 01-17-2006 at 11:29 AM. Reason: misspelling

Old 01-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

Faythey HB User
Re: Panicing about weight!!!

When my mom was pregnant with my brother she gain 50 pounds. She was 115 before and 165 after. She was able to easily get back to 115, or so, not too long after his birth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
Re: Panicking about weight!!!

dont worry....weight isnt everything....(i know, easier said than done!)...with both of my girls....i gained 60 pounds!!!! YIKES!!!! I was never overweight before pregnancy, and was able to shed it afterwards. It just takes time and dedication. Before my last pregnancy, I weighed 135....at the end of pregnancy...I weighed 195 pounds!! right after I had her, I lost down to 170...then it took me 2 years to lose it....but....I didnt know HOW to lose it...until a friend taught me....(I hate exercising!!)...if you watch your caloric intake...and dont over eat (as i always do!)....it will shed like you wont believe. I got down to 125 pounds in 6 months. keeping the weight off is another story!!

Like you, it wasnt that I was really hungry all the time....I HAD to eat to keep the nausea down....if I got just a tad bit hungry...oh I sick I would feel!! And the feeling would not go away on just a touch of a meal...I had to be completely full for the nausea to completely subside. With my first child....I ate everything but the house...not to keep from feeling sick....I was just hungry ALL the time!! But after I gained all that weight....I knew not to do that with my second child...cause I didnt want to gain all that weight again....but I had no choice....it was either eat...or feel like crap the whole day. And there is nothing I hate worse than feeling nauseaous and vomiting!!! So, if eating comforts that feeling.....dont worry about anything else.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User

Well I gained about 50 lbs or so during my pregnancy and have lost all of it but 15 lbs. My son will be 3 weeks old next Friday, Janurary 20th.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I kind of wish I had that problem. I"m actually in the other boat. I haven't been gaining weight because I've been so sick through my pregnancy. I'm scared that now in my last 2 months I'm going to pack on the poundage. I think total in my pregnancy I have gained like 7 pds at the most. It makes me paranoid even though my doc told me that I can lose up to like 20 pds and still be safe but I always hear about everyone gaining weight and I"m losing it all. I know I cant wait to do my 4 mile walks again once I have my son. I'm so ready to get back out and do that walking. It's hard right now with the winter weather. Thank god in 2 months it will be getting ready for spring weather.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I was about 108-110 pounds and 5'2" pre-pregnancy and now I am 28 weeks with my first and I have gained nearly 30 pounds myself. I weigh anywhere from 137-141 now. It is very weird to see that number on a scale, it kinda freaks me out but I am alright because I look okay. I notice in pictures I am fuller looking in the face, neck, back, and my upper thighs and rear. I am concerned because I also have a couple of months to go. I am hoping to not go over 45 pounds max. I also have been trying to watch what I eat and the portions size too. My biggest concern is the fact that I am not a big person at all and I understand I am stretching and putting on a little weight for the baby, but to add more pounds that what is nessecary to my suppose to be little body scares me. My skin is already getting stretched to the max and I don't want to continue eating bad foods or large amounts of foods and make my skin stretch anymore.

Closed Thread